Raleigh Talus 2003 Hardtail

Talus

Paul   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2003]
Strength:

I bought this as a frame only for $100 on ebay, new-in-box, having never been built up. I wanted to build up a decent xc bike. I am quite pleased with the end result. The frame geometry makes for a nice, quick steering bike. The frame is really light and seems to be of pretty good quality. I was impressed that the graphics were clear-coated over, so there are no issues with stickers peeling off.

The only flaws are in several places the paint has some runs. This of course is not a reflection of performance, just quality control.

Since the bike i built is basically the same specs as the full bike, i would recommend this to anyone that wants a good all-around bike. Of course after only a month i have not really had time to really test out the bike, but other than the paint runs, there seems to be no other major flaws.

Similar Products Used: -GT Palomar (ok to decide if mt. biking was for me, but it is heavy and the components suck. Luckly the bike was a free loaner from a friend.)
-Cannondale road bike, full 105 9spd: (I have to admit i started as a roadie, and after 2 years decided to start mountain biking)
Justin   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2003]
Strength:

Great bike! Great price! I bought this bike brand new through my buisness at wholesale ;-)Awesome Geaometry.

Bars & Stem (Replaced with easton stem and riser bars EA-90)
I Put a good flat spot in the rear wheel when I tagged a 5 stair (did it the first time though) Replaced the wheels with a pair of ONYX hubs w/mavic 317s.

Awesome bike for the price I paid! Highly recomended for a beginer-expert rider! I abuse this bike and It holds up very well! I ride a little over 100 miles a weekend and have had ZERO problems. Just dont try hoping up 5 stairs and you should be fine :-)

Skipper   Cross Country Rider [Jan 24, 2003]
Strength:

light and stiff

Light and fast bike. It compares in value to much more expensive hardtails. It climbs like a cat and is very easy to control on descents. I have no complaints about this bike and would recomend it to the dedicated weekend warrior, XC rider, and novice to intermediate racer. This bike is the best value I've seen for the dedicated rider who wants race worthy components without emptying the bank account.

Similar Products Used: Raleigh M60, M800, Giant Rainier, and Iguana
Mary Palmer   Weekend Warrior [Sep 08, 2005]

Great bike

Rob   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2005]

Wowwww, this bike is best bang for the bucks. It really can handle the XC terrain really well compared to those BIG BRAND NAMES that cost way up there.