Raleigh M80 2003 Hardtail

Dustin   Downhiller [Nov 05, 2012]
Strength:

I have beat this bike to death. 1500-2000 miles a year from when I picked it up, I think I am at 10,000 miles now. Limited maintenance, a good tune and taredown once a year and it runs like a clock. Have ridden it acrost 3 states

Change all spokes after 8000 miles

Love my toy.

Similar Products Used: Have a king kikapoo love that bike too
Jason   Cross Country Rider [Jul 21, 2010]
Strength:

Everything is awesome. By far the most enjoyable bike I have ever ridden. Going on 5 years of usage and the bike still performs great. I use this bike for training for my offroad motocycle racing and highly enjoy it.

noe I have found.

You can't beat this bike for everyday use or the weekend warrior.

singlefileDH   Downhiller [Jul 04, 2010]
Strength:

heavy welds

back disc to exposed

buy one

Similar Products Used: shwin hybrid
bigdaddy47898   Cross Country Rider [Nov 17, 2009]
Strength:

Veary durable,dependable,fun to ride and operate

no back shock

I love this bike to death, will (never part with it), ive had it since new, low maintance.

Similar Products Used: trek, schwinn
ams   Cross Country Rider [Nov 17, 2009]
Strength:

it's like a good truck

judys and deore

my favorite bike so far. I have been riding this bike daily for the past five years totaling over 27k miles on it. I still ride the same rims and hubs. put on some xts (get the triggers) its very comfortable. I can enjoy riding 18-20 mph till I puke. I do have to appeal to Raleigh though; because the aluminum above the weld on my seat tube is cracking, but well, 27k. do the math.

mtg111188   Weekend Warrior [Feb 08, 2009]
Strength:

Durable, low maintanence, great handling and shifting, comfortable build and ride.

None.

A great mtn bike for all use. Great value at ~$500. Appropriate for all but the most demanding mtn biker who's willing to pay 2 or 3 times its cost. I have used this bike for over 5 years with no problems and only routine maintanence. Very manuverable and comfortable. I am 6'2 and 230 and it supports my size very well.

Ron   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2008]
Strength:

Smooth ride, light weight

Front suspension fork a little spongy

OK--you see the price is only $50....I reclaimed this bike from the curbside trash where it had been placed for pickup last Spring. Some idiot threw out this quite serviceable bike after what appeared to be monumental neglect, but not abuse. The chain was so rusted it would not turn, there was surface rust on the frame and chipped paint, the derailers were maladjusted, and the seat was torn. I put down $50 because that's how much I spent on paint, a new chain, a new seat, etc. and one weekend of sweat equity. My reward is a nearly free sweet ride that I've enjoyed on the Virginia Beach boardwalk and some local park trails, where my "trash" bike stands up to the more expensive new store-bought rides. The triumph of recycling [no pun intended] !! All the things said in the other reviews are true--easy shifts, great brakes, responsive handling. My only complaint is that the front suspension is a little spongy, and tends to compress too easily on the starts, but that may be a result of the previous user wearing it out a bit. All in all, I'd buy a new one [if they were still made] but now don't need to....