Jamis Eureka 2003 Hardtail

Jamis Eureka 2003 Hardtail

Can’t breathe unless the air is big? Here’s the two-wheeled CPR unit you’ve been looking for. The massively manipulated frame tubes take every chute and ladder you can throw at it. Marzocchi’s Dirt Jumper II soaks up a full 130mm upon landing while the Hayes HMX disc brakes stop flawlessly in all conditions.

[May 08, 2009]
Clydesdale racer

Strength:

Frame!! This bike can handle my fat ass at 200+ with ease. I've taken the green hornet off some 5' jumps and continues to amaze me.

The Hayes brakes wore out, but only after 7yrs of riding..pretty good

Bottom line...if you can find this bike, get it. Even if it needs new components. I mean, come on...if a 2hundy can beat the crap out of the bike and continue to race, it has to be good

Specialized Stump Jumper, Marin Bear...something

[Jul 20, 2003]
Hobo

Strength:

The frame is well built and can take anything you can dish out. The specs are great for trials, dirt jumping, free riding and urban. The fork is stiff which makes it great for big drops. To top it all off it has some sweet mech. discs. For the price its and extremely sweet offer that no one should pass up.

The tires on this bike wear out really fast and aren't very good at all. The rims also suck and get flat spots really easily. If you are doing and log jumping or anything that could hurt the chain rings then exchange the third one for a bash ring/ chain guide (MRP). Shifter cables run on the top of the tube too.

One of the GREATEST bikes out there for its price and what it can do. The GREATEST bike i've ever owned and can take some of the biggest hits you can dish out. 100% worth the price and is GREAT for urban, dirt jumping, freeriding and trials.

Specialized P1, P2, P3. Kona Scrap.

[Jul 20, 2003]
erek lewis
Downhiller

Strength:

There isn't much that this bike can't do - everything on this bike is awesome. I haven't had many problems with it so far but I also haven't been able to beat it up as much as I want, either .

When I got it the rear hub was bent so I replaced the wheels. The pedals are the worst part of the bike not realy bad I just didn't like them. The brake levers almost fell apart, so I got Topo levers. I replaced stock components with Topo Terra disc wheels and Time Atac pedals.

This bike is my first freeride bike and I plan to have more like it. This bike is the best bike for the money in my eyes. I plan to do more to it as time goes on but for now I will have fun with what I have.

Jamis,komodo

[Jun 13, 2003]
Derrick
Downhiller

Strength:

fork, bars, stem, cranks, pretty light for a freeride.

rear brake stopped working. rear wheel is ready to fold and tires suck

i love this bike. i hate the wheels pedals and tires that came stock. i have done almost 9 foot drops on this and it takes it. very strong bike. i love it.

bruiser, dakar xlt, 6700 and so on

[Jun 05, 2003]
DYLAN ********
Downhiller

Strength:

a brilliant set up!!! the forkes are very plush and the bike is short which is good for jumping.

the thread on the crank which holds the pedal comes out if you tighten the pedels too much. the tyres are too soft and suck!!!

this bike is a great all rounder, and is good for turning quickly and tightly.

[Oct 17, 2003]
Rook

Strength:

Good Geometry, solid frame, the brakes are alright, sturdy fork, the Truvative parts are pretty strong great seat, fairly light

XC rims and tires are a joke, pedals are crap, If your LBS sells them their will be allot of them on the trail (not really a weakness I guess) the fork would be cooler if it was the 20mm DJ II

I am 6" around 175lbs I bought the bike to learn some skills before going to a big full squish bike but now I am hooked on the versatility of hardtails so my next ride will be a pimped out hardtail of some sort.

This is a perfect bike for anyone getting into the freeride side of things who is still gonna wanna ride urban and dirtjumping and even some trail riding.

Save yourself a little more than the cost of the bike so you can swap out the rims, tires, pedals and add a rock ring
Oh yeah if your new to this kinda stuff don't skimp on some good shin pads Full face gloves and maybee some elbow pads.

IN summary

Great bike with a few cheese parts to cut cost.

Its hard to rate because after the parts are swapped out its all 4's but stock its 3 so I will just go with that

First real Mountain bike of my own but I demoed all sorts

[Sep 16, 2003]
Andrew

Strength:

Very sturdy frame, cool colors, awsem fork (dj2's ROCK!!), great handel bar set-up, crankset, drivtrain, and brakes

tires wear out fast when street riding and pedals are annoying because their half flat and half clip in but you can take the clip in out really easily

This is a great freeride/trail bike that is very versitile. You can take it anywhere and it will perform really well in all kinds of conditions. It's fun to jump and really light. It is a great price too for all you are getting.

[Mar 25, 2004]
Nathan

Strength:

I list the strenghts and weaknesses according to my height/weight, 5'5" 120lbs

-The 14" frame is great (ligth, strong, maneuverable)
-The DJ2 fork is by far the most impressive component (perfect stiffness and 130mm travel is great)
-The Stem, BB and Cranks are TruVativ Hussefelt
-Hayes 6" discs brakes
-Good handlebar setup
-Tires and rims are o.k.

-The bike does not come with a bashguard
-The pedals are a joke
-The cable routing runs over the top tube
-The seat is brutal and brakes my a$$

GREAT BIKE

Good frame, great fork, good components

Great value (you don't waste money on brand name gimmicks)

Awesome!

Tested an 04 Kona Stuff
Owned a pitiful Wal-Mart bike

[Nov 23, 2003]
Steve

Strength:

The frame is a beast. The breaks can stop you any time, in any condition. The Dirt Jumper Fork is amazing. It can handle 5 and 6 foot drops.

The 17 inch frame is a little to cross country like and takes away from dirt jumping and street riding. Needs a good set of platform pedals, like primos!

If you want to go big and don't have that much money this is your bike. I can ride this on the cross country trail and then down the downhill, and it eats up both. I can out run the hard core cross country riders and beat the downhillers. I can't see myself with any other bike.

Walmart Special

[Nov 26, 2003]
Erek lewis
Downhiller

Strength:

the frame,fork,cranks

the wheels bend after a couple of small 2'-4' drops and the seat sucks,the seat post, and the casette was bent from the factory, the rear hub was also bent but I stuck with it, and the breaks suck, and also the pedals are the worst in the world.

this bike is great for a novice rider like mt self, but I have become better and I am changing a lot of the components, I have put a WTB power V DH, richey seat post, azonic chubby PDW riser and azonic shorty stem whit 28.6 clamp radius, and rad accesories BMX pedals, along with avid mechanical disc brakes, soon to be 8" rotors

komodo