Iron Horse Sinister 2003 Hardtail

Joe   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2003]
Strength:

Great frame geometry, nice components, good fork, great tires, nice brakes, looks awsome

The bike is a bit heavy and the fork could be stiffer, I broke the chain after a few days riding

Actual retail price is $999.99,The Sinister Hard Tail is an awsome bike for the money. The fork is a bit soft, but has grown on me. The frame geometry is incredible. The brakes work very well, as well as all of the other components. The saddle is stiff at first, but becomes more comfortable after a few rides. It's a little heavy at 30lbs, but that is all forgotten when you get out on the trail. The bike is very well built! I'm an ex-motocross racer, so I'm naturally hard on my toys; this bike stands up to a lot of abuse. I would recomend the Sinister hard tail to anyone who is looking for a hard core hard tail ready for the woods, or streets. The bike can be found on several web sights for around $700.00, or at your Iron Horse dealer for $999.99

Similar Products Used: Rock Hopper,Rainier, M80, ect
OVERALL
Stu   Weekend Warrior [May 12, 2003]
Strength:

Very nice bike for the money. Disc brakes, rock solid frame, decent components, manitou black fork

The fork is a lil soft for my taste, but it is growing on me.
I think the deore is gonna have to go with some xt shifters, levers, and derailers

Solid bike. Looks sweet, rides smooth, basically indestructible. You cant beat it for the money. The fork, frame, and brakes are worth the value of the bike alone.