Haro V1 2003 Hardtail

Haro V1 2003 Hardtail

[Jan 01, 2010]
jtlb44

Strength:

The frame is awesome. It's lightweight and durable. It's a great budget bike.

The Omni fork it came with was junk. The bottom bracket rounded out after about three years, but hey purchased the bike in 2005 and moving parts wear out so what can you do?

New, this bike is great for light off road riding, great urban mtb. It's not a hardcore bike, but the frame is strong enough to outlast the components and can be built up.

Trek 820

[Sep 11, 2008]
redraven

Strength:

Ha! I bought this at a yardsale for $5.00(yes...five dollars)and it was in decent condition. I like the frame style and upgraded the deraileurs and tires. after adjusting the brakes and other minor/easy normal adjustments I am happy with it as a road bike. I put 80/20 street/trail tires on it. I have about $40 invested with all. Hee! I have not used off road and would not hammer it if I did...obviously not built for that(you whiners!...buy a bike that IS made for that...what did you think you were getting for $300 new???)but it is tuned good, has the right tires for street; rides real nice and I don't have to worry about it getting ripped off. Best bike overall I ever had(in a mountain bike)was a Gary Fisher KaiTai...need to find one of THOSE at a yardsale!!!!)

I PAID FIVE BUCKS AND IT RIDES DECENT!

[Aug 18, 2003]
Ben Strause

Strength:

light bike and very hard to break

fork wont last too long after a year it will be replaced

overall a great bike

GT palomar and trek 4100

[Jun 19, 2003]
Martin Geliot

Strength:

Light, value. Used heaps and hard, and it loves it.

Fast, handles well, stands up to rough trails and speed.

Long top tube, fresh and free from back discomfort after a long ride.

A touch flexy at the bottom bracket (I'm 90kg and produce a bit of shove). Paint rubs away a bit. Saddle suffering from that 90kg slightly.

Forks bumped until run in, now fine. Obviously you don't get premium forks at this price.

Headset bearings on the way out owing to poor seals, no problem sealing them properly with a bit of inner tube.

Absolutely rapt with this bike. Enjoyment for the $ is top. Would buy another Haro, no question.

This bike is ridden hard and often (heck I live in what's possibly the world's best MTB locality). Tolerates heaps of goop, grit and thumps on rough-as-guts trails. Yet light for the price.

Recommend as a first MTB, for someone big with a long back, and for excellent strength/weight for the money. Dead cinch to carry too.

Second MTB. Tried a few more expensive bikes, can't see that they are better.

[Jun 15, 2003]
Frank

Strength:

This is my first real mountain bike and i am very impressed with this bike cause I do 3 to 4 foot drop regullary with it. The strenght of this bike would be the frame and the drive train compondents for the price.

The fork would need to be replaced if u become serious cause i do 4 foot table tops and if i other shoot the jump the fork always bottoms out.

great bike for the price. I would recommend this bike to anyone that wants to start mountain biking.

[May 29, 2003]
Rafael Suarez

Strength:

Is the same frame as the V-4, a good one a very light.
I was beetwen the GT Avalanche 3.0 and the V-1 and comparing price and accesories the Haro was the best deal.
Also it is lighter than the GT

It is a good bike, good performance and good weight.

[Jul 27, 2007]
chris petrotto

Strength:

great aluminum frame

hubs and rims are horrible. after a day of medium trail riding, the rear wheel is bent and its at the hub AND rim

if your anything more that a road rider, this bike isnt for you. it can't take anything rough at all.
but, beginner riders should find it a good bike

[Jul 12, 2007]
cory cox

Strength:

Great frame for price, A good couple of adjustments to the back derailer makes a big difference in that department.

The Fork, is a piece of trash...even for just a "once in a while rider" the bars are terrible to.

Good bike for a trail rider, even good for a city commuter who wants a mountain bike.

Haro v2, v3

[May 20, 2007]
Wajax Pump

Strength:

Reasonably priced

Component failure - My fist ride, the chain started slipping off

I am only entry level and I'm not what you might call, an athleticly frames person, but the product was sold to me as a SOLID entry level bike. Did not expect component failure for at least 4 - 6 months.

[Nov 10, 2003]
Otis

Strength:

This bike has a very strong frame. It is an excellent buy for the money, you will not find a better deal when comparing price and quality for a begineers bike.

Front/Rear derailer could be a little better to help out with smoother shifting.

This is a really excellent BEGINNERS bike. I used my HARO V1 in the 24 Hours of Adrenaline Race here in GA. Some might find that insane (because it is!), but this bike took all 24 hours of punishment and gave me no problems at all. In the 3 months I have had my bike I have put about 400 hard miles of riding on its still rolling. I have had to get my chain and rear derailleur replaced once, along with regular tuning and adjustment because of the aggressive rides that I do. I out grew this bike in the first week I had it so if you plan on using your bike to hit some serious trails then you should upgrade and get a better bike. But if you are just out there riding for fun, and not doing anything major, for the price you pay there are no better deals. And this is defiantly the best deal you will find on a quality beginners bike then this is the bike you want.