Gary Fisher Wahoo 2003 Hardtail

Gary Fisher Wahoo 2003 Hardtail

[May 31, 2009]
ACE28

Strength:

The stance of the frame and the rack of the front is far better then what I have tried before. Overall everything is good for being a lower end Gary Fisher...

The pedals are going to be the first thing I replace... The seat is starting look bad from wear and tear.

I'm new at riding, but I can already tell that my Gary Fisher Wahoo is a nice MTB that has earned respect from other riders. It makes no differance if I'm on a hard tech trail or a fast beginner trail this bike rocks. Keep in mind I don't go air bourne unless I wreck. I do hit small jumps but nothing to stress the Judy Rox Shock or the frame on this bike. I'm too old and overweight for the big stuff. For the $ 200 I spent it is a great deal. The 1st owner had more money than knowledge. He bought this bike to ride on paved trails.

Bikes they call MT Bikes at the Marts... They are roads bikes with Knobby Tires. When you hit a dip you feel you are going to flip because of the rack of the front end is wrong and the handle bars are lower than a real MTB so your weight is too far forward. Mart Bikes are not MTB's...

[Mar 23, 2009]
mtbkrchick

Strength:

This is an absolutely great bike for the money... I have recently (last year or so) gotten into mountain biking, and just decided to use my brother's Gary Fisher Wahoo. I used it in my first XTERRA triathlon and it held up under the WORST conditions. i mean mud globs and rocks in the front fork and rear. I never wrecked on it, and believe me I was pushing that bike as hard as it could go. When all was said and done, the GF Wahoo won me a regional championship with NO damage done whatsoever. Basically when the $1000+ bikes had broken deraileurs and forks, my lower end gary fisher with reflectors came out unscathed. competiitively. I was amazed. Now I am becoming a better, more serious rider and am just growing out of the bike. def great bike for the buck! And the crappy J1 hasn't bottomed out on me once, and I go off 3-4 ft drops fearlessly (This could be because I am 120 lbs.) I recommend this bike to anyone who is the beginner mtbkr looking for a good *good, bike for little cost.

the fork, but like I said it hasn't bottomed out on me. but I know you get what you pay for. V Brakes are getting a little sketchy and slipping, but I have been hammering this bike for the past year. Can't wait to get disc brakes. It's a little heavy too.

Bang for the buck, this bike will hang in there with the competition of much higher end and costly bikes. But I wouldnt stick with it if you're a serious rider looking to get better.

[Sep 16, 2008]
paramedic927

Strength:

Great quality I have has this like for 5 years now and have nothing bad to say about it. I take it in every spring to get tuned up and its good to go.

The pedals that came with the bike were crap but I upgraded to clip in pedals anyways.

Its an amazing bike for the price.

None this was my first Mt bike

[Jul 08, 2008]
eliude

Strength:

This is a well-built frame. Able to withstand severe conditions

components are entry-level. Ok for the price.

This is my second hard-tail and so far, I am enjoying every minute of it. The design is top-notch and I can ride long and hard.

Trek 4300

[Jul 19, 2003]
Kevin

Strength:

Shifting and the Judy TT's

The pedals are trash. Anyone buying this bike should get new ones.

Very good entry level bike for the novice, but serious rider who wants a bike for a good price!!

I've used Trek and Cannondale

[Aug 29, 2003]
Marsha

Strength:

Price, decent components

Pedals

For the price, it has decent componentry. I use the bike more on the road than off, but it performs very well on either ground. This is my first mtn. bike, and as many have already said, it is excellent entry level bike.

N/A

[Sep 16, 2007]
jay

Strength:

price, simplicity, clean design

pedals, weak seat post

Landed a deal, 2005 model, $60.00 for a mint bike. Spent 45 minutes fine tuning the derailers, brakes and had to true the front tire. Actually gave the bike to my daughter who has now put about 300 miles on it. So far the bike holds up well, has good balance and is lightweight. I actually bought the bike to strip the components and wheels but it was so clean, I couldn't do it.

[Mar 21, 2006]
p

Strength:

pretty light for the $, decent components for intermediate, nice paint job and nice tires and hubs, good brakes

pedals, suspension

very good dependable bike, nice paint job, suspension is pretty poor as I bottom it out very easily and i weight 180 lbs, 6´1 ft. pedals are the only thing you must change.

gary fisher advance

[Feb 08, 2006]
Jose

Strength:

Good Strong Hardware

None (maybe the pedals, after 1500 miles they are ready to be replaced)

I am over 6 ft tall and 200 lbs. I bought the Large frame size. I took this bike along the C&O Canal (180 miles) in 2003(before which I had a few 30 and 50 mi practice hikes). We started near Cumberland Md. and ended the bike hike in Washington DC. We rode off road and along bike paths, and the Wahoo does both quite well.
This bike held up very well in which 3 of the 5 days we rode in mud and rain. With over 1500 miles on it since I bought it, it still rides like new. We are planning on doing the Canal again this year 2006, and guess which bike I will be taking? Gary Fisher Wahoo of course!!!

Trek

[Jan 23, 2006]
Jannes

Strength:

frame

PEDALS! Seat, handholds

I purchased the bike today, and the shop gave me new pedals, an abus u-lock (worth 46 €), and a spraycan of cross country finish line oil (worth 12.90€) with it. at no pice-up. so I must say I think I got a good bike for not much money (399 € alltogether). the shop also makes a free inspection after 8 weeks, and they told me that I could replace stuff like seat and handle bar at no fee, if I don't like the stock after this time. OK, I've just driven like a few kilometers, but it's driving very smooth, brakes work very well and it shifts like a charm. price/performance is well balanced! the sound of the tires is quite loud, but well. I can live with it for now.

I noticed that you guys spend less money in USD than me, but found out the cheapest online-discounter in my country offers it for 350 Euros. so with all the benefits the local shop has, I'm happy to pay 50 bucks (€) more. (I needed a new lock anyways)