Fuji Sunfire 2003 Hardtail

Sunfire

AndrewMiller   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2010]
Strength:

Frame is sturdy, Nice beginner components, Not to much money, Bike last a long time. The front shocks are still going strong after 6 years and they haven't ever been serviced.

I'm a light rider and I somehow got the wheel to be out of true once or twice. If your in the first cog on the front ring the chain will fall out of place onto the frame

Nice bike for the money. It was my first nice but cheap bike that got me into the sport of cycling. It has last a very long time with out much maintenance. I got this back in 2003 so I don't ride it much anymore, but its a nice bike that I will keep for a long time. I ride a 29er and its cool to ride this one around the block because I sit so high on top of it (I feel like a giant).

Thomas   [Jun 07, 2003]
Strength:

Very light, Solid, awesome suspension, and I love the looks!

Only one that I have found: The chain got caught up and we had to break it off because it got jammed pretty well while trying to shift too fast. But it only took a few minutes, we snapped the chain back together and got back to riding! You need to get new petals.

This bike is very light and consistant for its price. I really like the suspension, it glides over any small and medium sized rocks; It also works very well when jumping, it kept my wrists feeling good the whole day! Overal this is a very good bike for me, the price is awesome and it works almost flawlesly. I would recommend this bike to any biginner who is looking to ride street, downhill mountain biking, or dirt jumping.

Similar Products Used: first one
David cole   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2004]
Strength:

Seemed light, durable, and very responsive. I don't know to much about components but these never gave me trouble.

I couldn't seem to keep the rims straight. So either they were bad rims or I just beat up on them to much.

I took a chance by buying a strange brand on ebay but from the moment it showed up to the day it was stolen I didnt regret it one bit. I've been looking for another bike ever since but havn't found one that pleases me as much as the fuji. I'm just a beginner myself but I'm pretty tough on things and this bike lasted through it so I'd say it could definately qualify as a step above a beginner bike.

Daniel B   Weekend Warrior [Jul 23, 2005]
Strength:

Strong frame, good setup, good response, good shifting & brakes, PRICE!

pedals (plastic)

This is a very good bike for beginers or even the more advance riders. It can take a beating (jumps and everything) and makes long and hard trails seem easier. The only complaint is that the plastic pedals have got to go.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F500 & F400
nance   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2003]
Strength:

for the price: great light aluminum frame, comfortable front suspension and seat, solid v-breaks, and the list goes on.

wellgo plastic pedals.

i researched a bit before i dove into this purchase (which ran me $500cdn), and i have to say i'm glad i settled with this brand! i learned a lot just by owning this bike - what it means to have a light frame, the ride (gears/front suspension/breaks/etc), quick release, the rules of the road, and much more for a first time mountain biker. so far, i'm in love with this bike, and riding it is a dream..it's a lot of fun! i think this bike is so suitable for the novice mountain biker - you'll gain the confidence and know-how needed for any future purchase.

Similar Products Used: i'm new to this, therefore, is my first MT bike!
Paul   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2006]
Strength:

I've only had it a short time, but like everything about it. Smooth shifting, excellent braking, fun to ride, very responsive and easy to handle.

Haven't encountered any.

My wife and I were looking for quality, but reasonably priced mountain bikes and feel like we made the perfect choice in our Fuji bikes. We've ridden bikes that cost hundreds more, but have found that our Fuji's compete easily. These bikes will definitely get us out riding more often. Needless to say, we would highly recommend the Fuji Sunfire. It's a terrific bike for anyone who wants a quality mountain bike but doesn't want to break the bank.