Ellsworth Sub 22 2003 Hardtail

-International Standard disc brake mounts and replaceable derailleur hanger
-CNC shaped tubular stays
-Shot-peened, anodized finish
-Compatible with up to 80mm travel forks

Jim Dover   Racer [Mar 20, 2003]
Strength:

have to confess a bais on my part--I'm a member of the Ellsworth Race Team, but this is a no BS review.
Light weight, killer stability and handling, beautiful execution.

Not everyone has one yet.

I love this bike. As it is built, it weighed in a EXACTLY 19 POUNDS yesterday. I've been riding it for about two years and it has never let me down. Stable handling in all situations. You cannot go wrong with this rig.

Similar Products Used: TREK 8900SL, 8500SL, Ellsworth Truth, Schwinn Homegrown FS.
Vladimir Molina   Cross Country Rider [Jan 10, 2005]
Strength:

Light and beautiful frame, very exclusive here in mexico

the sticker gone in months

Excellent bike for racer but every day ride is a bit harsh because of the frame vibrations

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz Chamaleon, Scott Racing Comp, GT
Mike   Cross Country Rider [Aug 23, 2004]
Strength:

where do I start....strong, light, climber, pretty, exclusive, inspirational....

No longer in the Ellsworth lineup.

I really enjoy riding this bike. It fits me great and has never let me down.

Pertaining to the previous 'revieweree', Nathan, I was curious if your friend recently purchased the bike and if it was new (2004 did not have the Sub-22 in the line up and I don't think 2003 either); therefore, his frame would have been atleast 3 years old at time of purchase. If not new then I would have to agree with Ellsworth by not replacing the frame. The warranty is non-transferable.

Similar Products Used: GT, Klein, Trek :: all hardtails
Nathan   [Aug 01, 2004]
Strength:

A very beautiful and light frame

VERY VERY POOR Warranty from Company. Based on this fact alone, I don't think that I will ever purchase an Ellsworth!

A friend of mine bought the Sub 22 frame which had a crack in the headtube (manufacturer's defect). They claim that they have a warranty, but will not back up their product and replace it. I was considering buying a Truth Frameset, but once I heard how they handle customer service, I would never give this company any business. BE WARNED!! Ellsworth ISN'T WORTH IT!!