Diamondback Sorrento 2003 Hardtail

Bought it for my wife   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2012]
Strength:

-Cheap
-Has trigger shifts (the reason she wanted this over the Outlook)
-Comfortable seat for around town
-Frame is light but not wimpy

-Cheap
-Slow
-Some components feel really wimpy
-Handlebar grips are very rough and hard--wouldn't be surprised if they gave blisters on long rides.

This is a review of the 2011 model: I bought this for my wife so we could ride on trails around town together. After taking it out for a spin or two myself, I don't have any major gripes with it, it's just geared an awful lot slower than my DB Topanga. So, before you buy, know that you're getting a decent bike to putter around town with, but nothing more. Some of the brake/shifter components feel pretty flimsy and I doubt they would hold up under serious trail riding. It's a decent bike to buy if you're trying to decide if you like bike riding, this is a good bike to get, but you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade soon if you do really get into it.

Similar Products Used: Diamonback Outlook, Diamondback Topanga, Trek 4300
Dave   Cross Country Rider [Oct 22, 2009]
Strength:

Great frame and forks, feels really nice to ride. The disk brakes are fantastic.

Can't really think of any.

I commute 20 miles a day, my shiny new bike of awesomeness, has made it a lot easier. It just eats the road miles with ease. Had a couple of jaws dropping from car drivers as i flew past on a downhill run at 37mph. If you are thinking of buying one, i can tell you it wont disappoint. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat.

Similar Products Used: Diamondback for the past 20 years.
jake   Downhiller [Sep 23, 2009]
Strength:

great durrable frame i beat the hell out of mine still runs great

rims are a big one and break cables streach easily bent my rims jumpping so cant blame the bike

great durable bike love it would go buy another in a second needs disc breaks for newer models but still amazing great for wellies pc3 out and whoever said that it suks you are a moron who dosnt know how to mountain bike go get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: nothing this amazing
megame   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2009]
Strength:

Tuff and durable frame would easily handle heavier mountain trails.

Stock rims

Aye, if you have to go from one inna-city to the next this bike is for you. I have had true (Lance Armstrong wanna be's) cyclist ride along side me as we toured through the streets with NO problems. After 6 years(3 of them heavy abuse)its time to start upgrading the hardware because this frame can take it!

Similar Products Used: Never trusted anything other than a Diamonback.
pete014   Weekend Warrior [May 15, 2009]
Strength:

Great strong frame for the price. Perfect for beginners and intermediate. Easily upgradable and customized.

Gears occaisionally slip on hard inclines.

Bottom line is I am extremely pleased with this bike either out of the box or customized.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Rockhopper
Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2009]

The pedals need replacing or they'll eventually break on you. It has served me well in my short trips around town and some longer rides. I think I'll get new tires soon more suitable for my pavement-riding habits.

A good bike for the price. I feel like shifting is not what it should be. At it's best it hangs changing from 5th to fourth.

Similar Products Used: My first mountain bike
tom   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2003]
Strength:

Very durable, solid frame

Doesn't fit easily on some bike racks.

Very enjoyable bike. Good for most trail/ road riding. Needs somewhat tweeked after a good mountian bike trail. I plan to keep it for years to come.

Similar Products Used: None
Eric   Cross Country Rider [Jun 03, 2003]
Strength:

This is a great overall trail bike.

None significant

This was a great overall bike. I am outgrowing the bike in skill and the demands I am putting on it. I am begging to ride more tech. trails and the bike is really not holding up. It's not the bikes fault though, as this is a good hybrid and great for smoother trails and cardio riding. And it has taken some abuse in the last few weeks. Good on road too for a hybrid. For anyone looking for a bigger bike, I would highly recomend it. The price is awsome to for the type of bike.

Similar Products Used: Upgrading to, probably to a giant rainier or an XtC2.
Adam Wegner   Weekend Warrior [Jan 05, 2007]
Strength:

great starter bike. so far has done everything ive thrown at it.

great bike at a great price. cant go wrong with it if you are not a serious downhill/stunt person. if you do those things,, get a bike designed for it. this is a great machine for those that just want to hit some trails and not have to worry about their stuff snapping off.