Diamondback Apex 2003 Hardtail

Apex

Shannon   [May 30, 2003]
Strength:

very good components, excellent price, good fork, like the riser bar it came with, good frame geometry for me, riding for long periods of time is comfortable, 9-speed

low end shimano mechanical disc brakes did not impress me, a little on the heavy side, shimano clipless pedals are a little hard to get out of

I am very happy with my purchase. I had a 1998 Gary Fisher Kaitai before, which was needing some upgrading. My dead fork was actually hurting my neck and shoulders and riding wasn't fun. Now I have a much better frame size and geometry for my size and better components. I think any fork would have better than what I had been using, but the Marzocchi has been great. I can't believe how much faster and funner going downhill is with a new fork. A great deal!

Similar Products Used: i think i rode a diamond back response at the store
mike   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2003]
Strength:

very solid, light weight, excellent components for the price. ride position was comfortable on road as well as off road.

mech disc brakes, are just ok

for the price and components, can't be beat

Similar Products Used: diamondback response
Clayton Armstrong   Weekend Warrior [Jan 27, 2003]
Strength:

Componets

...

This is a great deal. XT fron and rear, er fork, LX shifters, shimano disc brakes and much more for only 700 something. If you had those componets on agary fisher--you would pay at leat $1100.

yaniv mantsur   [Jan 24, 2005]

none!!!

number one bike for cross country.