Dean USA Colonel XTR 2003 Hardtail

Colonel XTR

morgan   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2004]

Titanium seems to be an excellent choice in material. Seems to possess the stronger qualites of both aluminum and steel and blend them into a fine ride. Be it the material or the geometry, the bike climbs amazingly well. It is so light and nimble that I thought it would actually be detrimental because I wouldn't be able to "plow" over or through stuff, but that has proven to not be the case. Obviously, not a softail, but it does track,descend and take bumps well. With tubeless tires and disc brakes, it is an incredible and very enjoyable set up.

DECALS!!! For the product, the decals are super low grade, there is no bs about that. I had toy models that had better decals than these. Fortunately, I don't care much for decals or brands, but the decals are a weakness any way you look at it.

Frame, parts: Outstanding. I find that the quality of the frame is meticulous. Very well built. From tubing size, to welds, to weld finish, frame is a top quality product. An incredible ride.
Decals: suck.
Bottom Line: I would definitely buy or recommend DEAN Ti frames to anyone looking for the most Ti frame for the money. Alum, steel, etc. all have great qualities, but for Ti I would be sure to give serious consideration to DEAN. You will get an amazing bike and not be the fool for overpaying for a frame.

Similar Products Used: Giant NRS Air 03 XTR, Trek, Specialized S-Works Enduro.