Dean USA Colonel X-Lite XT 2003 Hardtail

Colonel X-Lite XT

Shank   Cross Country Rider [Nov 23, 2003]
Strength:

Light, Titanium, Nice looking frame, Bottom bracket threaded in so nice and smooth. Rides like a dream. Welds are perfect.

7 weeks to get the frame after they told me 4 and then the seat post would not fit. Called Dean and they told me that my seat post must not be exactly 27.2 so a whole lot of work at the LBS and it fits now. There was a big lip about an inch into the seat tube which leads me to think they forgot to hone it. 15 miles on the bike and the decals are already starting to peel a little. I know you guys are thinking that decals will get messed up soon or later but 15 miles seems kinda quick. Stickers for a head badge is kinda cheesey.

This review is for the frame only since I built the bike up myself and only ordered the Frame from Dean. They will tell you 4 weeks but it will take longer so be prepaired for that. I would have liked for everything to fit but all it took was a quick trip to the LBS to fix it. The decals could be better but that is minor.
All in all this is the best frame I have ever spent time on and I am sure that it will continue to impress me as time goes on. I have no regrets about buying the frame and probably will order another frame from them for my wife. I give it a 4 for value since spending this much money on a frame I would have like a head badge and the whole seat post thing. Overall I give it a 5 since it is a sweet frame everything weakness was minor or easy to fix.