Banshee Bikes Morphine 2003 Hardtail

Banshee Bikes Morphine 2003 Hardtail

The Banshee Morphine comes in 3 sizes:
As you will notice these frames have fairly long top tubes and head tubes, to help coax you into a smaller size. If you're going to do a lot of pedaling and climbing to get where you want to go, get a bigger one. If you're dirt jump hucking and freeriding, get a smaller one.

Prices:
Frame Only: $599 (US)
Gucci Spec: $2299 (US)

[Jul 09, 2003]
Iain
Downhiller

Strength:

Stiff, geometry is perfect, good standover clearence, room for a 3" tire, and uh...totally unbreakable! Easy to push up the trail! lol

To many people want to touch it? My friend says it looks like the Ben Franklin Bridge....lol

This frame is the sickest thing I have ever riddin, or seen! It weights in at around 49lbs and I couldn't care less b/c I know it is NOT going to break. Probably the best $600 I have ever spent. I dunno what to say, dude the head tube is friggin 14mm thick!!!!!pfffft if your considering it, just get it, you won't be sorry!

None compairable.

[Jul 09, 2003]
Sebastian

Strength:

-burly frame
-accepts up to 8in fork
-good warentee
-decent price for the frame
-looks for sure

-paint chips extremely easy but banshee sends a little bottle of touch up paint..not really a weekness

awsome bike so far. ive taken it to one mountain that we hiked up and rode down, ive taken it on a few urban spins and its awsome. does pretty good on the xc stuff and pedals really good for a 38lbs bike. ive hit a couple 6fters with it and it feels solid. no complaints at all

-ridden my friend imperial, defenitly alot alot slacker but thats the only similar thing i can think off

[Sep 02, 2003]
wayne shaffer
Downhiller

Strength:

tough as hell, do whatever free ride hardtail.

cant really use any bigger than a 34 on the front

buy one, it can take it. perfect for urban, I dirt jump, ride ladder bridges, and do dh on the same bike

haro werks dsr

[Nov 14, 2003]
Jonathan Reich

Strength:

Everything, the product spec(Gucci) is awesome, the welding, gussets and frame design are awesome and such quality. The kegger head tube is massive and can take up to an 8" fork, which i am running, shivers. The geometry is perfect with a 24" in the rear for going down the steeps, and combined with the short wheel base it really rips and fly through the corners. Going from a Full squish to a hard tail, i thought i wouldn't like the ride, but running a larger tire (2.7") and running it at a low tire pressure it feels like its on a cushion of air. Even my friends were surpised when taking it off 5 foot to flat drops and surprised how smooth it was.

The weight can be a downer on long uphill climbs, but it all makes up for it with the confidence it gives you when going down hill.

Best thing ive ridden in a long time/

.243

[Mar 04, 2004]
dan
Downhiller

Strength:

there is a reason this frame has a perfect score. it is strong, not too heavy, well constucted, has so many setup option.
WORKS like they say it will
bullet proof

none at all. the frame is near perfection

maybe too big for smaller rides

if you are 5-8 or taller and are looking for a hardtail fr bike this is the one. super stout construction. perfect geo. and has so many setup options for rider preferrance.
like 5-7 inch forks, ss or multi gear, front der capable, and comes with many extras.

this frame desrives 7 flamin' chilis

24 letoy 3, surly instgator, park bike, others

some come close but none equal

[Apr 07, 2004]
Chance
Downhiller

Strength:

Price,bombproof,looks,morphing geometry,ride feel, just about everything

If your really weight consious this bike may not be ideal. Also the cable routing is a bit strange

The local dowhill mountain called it quites this year and I'm not man enought to pedal my DH bike through the local trails. I wanted a bike that I could jump, drop, and beat the hell out of but I needed to be able pedal it so I felt a burly hardtail was in order. I looked at Evil's Imp but it seemed too urban/park biased. Sinister's ridge looks great but was 250 bucks more. The morphine feels alot lighter than it is. I'll probably use it for x-country this year too. It wheelies and manuals like crazy. I'm happier with this bike than I expected to be. My only word of caution is that this bike is STIFF. If your not smooth make up for it with a strong rear wheel. You won't be sorry if you purchase this frame.

[Apr 07, 2004]
Chance
Downhiller

Strength:

Price,bombproof,looks,morphing geometry,ride feel, just about everything

[Dec 12, 2003]
Dan
Downhiller

Strength:

Ultra strong, impossible to break!! This bike manuals great, can do trials, urban, whatever

uhhh... what?

Bike is super balanced in the air, and on the ground. It gets up on the rear end awesome. You will not break the frame, and with a 10 year warrenty who cares if you do? Insane deal, definatly encourage anyone thinking about buying one to get it.

Spec P.2, Mountain Cycle Rumble

[Feb 20, 2003]
Alex
Downhiller

I am just wrighting the bottom line cus anything eles would be silly. this bike is great. i just got the frame and made my own, but that frame, wow. its great, soo srtong, i can do anything on it, and i am sure that nothing will happen to it,. it is soo soild, you will hurt your self befor you hurt this bike. their is nothing wrong with it.

[Dec 16, 2003]
Dan Patrick

Strength:

Ride this frame for the ride of your life. Unbeatable weldings with the strongest tubing in the world built into a very usefull geometry.

NONE!
And don't hesitate because of the weight because the frame habdles fast and is built to last a life time so it is actually a very light frame.
Maybe the only semi-bad thing is banshee website that does't give all the information and there is not enough information arround on banshee. I was looking for information and it was a bit hard to find, a phone call to the company and the owner is on the other side so maybe they are much better than a website full of information but with noone to talk to.

This frame is for the real freerider. Don't hesitate and buy it. Once you ride it you understand that there was never any thing else to choose from.

Mass production top brands - never ever again.