Ventana La Bruja 2003 Full Suspension

-6" of plush-active rear wheel travel
-Low 2.6:1 compression ratio for lighter springs & longer shock life
-Fox Vanilla RC Piggyback coil shock with compression & rebound adjustability
-Oversized sealed cartridge bearings
-Double bearing option for extreme riding, doubles bearing life & boosts lateral rear end stiffness
-Rebuildable 17-4 SS bearing spuds
-Replaceable dropouts with ¾" of wheelbase adjustability
-Standard quick release dropouts with optional 12mm through axles
-Generous tire clearance will accommodate 26" x 2.5" tires & up to 24" x 3.0" Gazzaloddi meats
-Oversized, ovalized, custom formed top, down, seat stay and chain stay tubing for unparalleled chassis stiffness
-Full wrap-around gusset for "BIG" double-triple clamp fork compatibility
-International standard disc brake mount
-Internally butted bottom bracket shell & head tube

John Entwistle   Weekend Warrior [Feb 05, 2004]

Engineering, design, name it, this has it all and more !

You gotta' be kidding.
It's said that Ventana products are expensive - well, you get what you pay for. (and it's a US product people !)

SERIOUS Competition for my Saltamontes, this thing rides like a dream ! (The Romic upgrade should be "no-brainer" for anyone considering this baby)
Set up by Bike Works - Lake Stevens, WA (Scott is THE MAN - well, after Sherwood of course.....)
Ventana's customer service is second to none, Teresa is worth her weight in gold and their committment to the product shows the rest of the industry 'the way'.
The balance, lateral stiffness and all-round quality of these frames is awesome (legendary)
Only problems I've had are raising my riding ability to the level demanded / deserved by the frame, and cleaning off the drool from the folks in the shop. (the awesome powder coat finish resists almost any 'pollution')
If you're looking for a freeride frame, the Witch will more than satisfy you.

Similar Products Used: Fuego, Saltamontes, GT2000
Ross M.H.   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2003]

Quality. Quality. Quality!!! SHerwood Gibson, the kind owner, designer, welder at Ventana talked with me directly, despite many impatient, insistent, patience-trying e-mails. Ventana and Sherwood Gibson are the finest example of class act service and design. If the product was not a selling point, the Ventana EXPERIENCE must surely be the clincher--

The La Bruja features 6" of fully active travel. I am running a ROMIC, as opposed to a FOX, featuring a double bearing option for increased lateral precision and pedaling efficiency.
The welding is astounding.
The suspension design is better, more efficient, yet more responsive than anything I have used with over 5" of travel--this list includes Balfa's; Ellsworth Dares(2000-2003), Jokers; Santa Cruz Heckler/Bullit; Foes; ...countless lesser makes--countless.

THE WARRANTY. Lifetime trade-in discounts, etc.

Paint and finish is perfect. It resists most any rub, ticks, nicks, dings, etc.,

Cable routing options--captured/un-captured--

Adjustable wheelbase. Replace old dropouts. QUAD BEARING OPTON!!!!

E-mail and ask me.

The price. It pays for itself considering future discounts on future Ventana frames, regardless of current frame condition.

SO, I waited impatiently for this frame--my very own Grinch Green, Ventana La Bruja. I poured over technical documents. I annoyed with relentless insistency Sherwood Gibson, Wrench Science,, and so on and on ---

This began as a dream. Then I was struck by car---surgery, minor for a nose shattered---insurance $! I can replace my destroyed Balfa. I had never built a bike, and knew little about mechanics. I spent a month on the internet, learned mechanics, and built the La Bruja from scratch. I hand-picked all parts for visual, functional appeal.

It arrives, and I apply and construct.

Now I ride. The wait has hightened the experience. The ride----, its custom nature works--flowride. It works, and is the greatest of all mountain bike, freeride, machines.

This has become more than a passion.

Similar Products Used: Balda, Ellsworth, Foes, Santa Cruz, Kona, ---you name it.