Norco Fireball 2003 Full Suspension

Graeme Healey   Cross Country Rider [Jun 14, 2003]
Strength:

excellent decents and acents great for doing 4 to 6 foot drops but still gives you a light bike for xc riding. This bike has a great driveterrain and I have yet to have trouble with it. Front fork and rear suspension are both fully ajustable.

color.

Great bike for a great price the only exception is the color. This bike is meant for people who what to kick thier friends buts on climbs and descents and who dosent mind the color. People who shouldn't buy this bike are nobody this is a great f**king bike.

Similar Products Used: specialized stumpjumper m4 (2001)
Iceman   Cross Country Rider [Jun 12, 2003]
Strength:

Very light frame, suspension, powerful Hayes hyd. disc brakes, frame geometry.

Saddle comfort, if your seatpost clamp gives up, you will bend your rear shock. Shifter cable housings are rubbing on the frame and chewing slowly the aluminium.

I've spent 2 months looking, shopping and trying MTB's to spoil myself with a full suspension bike. The bikes that I've looked at and tried were the above mentioned. A lot of them had pro's and con's. But when I sat on the Fireball, that was it. It felt smooth, would negotiate anything you would through at her and would be by far the best bike for climbing hills. For some, they might feel they ride a comfort bike because of the more upright siding position (so less pain in your back), for others who were sceptical (friends of mine) who first saw the bike and tried it, they just loved it.

Although, the first glance I've had made me hesitate trying it. Thank God I've tried it! The frame geometry makes you be able to sit on the top bar to ride under fallen trees or to cruise down very steep hills.

The bike comes with a Marzocchi Bomber MX Pro fork with 100mm travel and lockout, a RockShox Sid shock, A-Class Vectra D-2 wheels, XT rr, LX fr, LX shft.

Oh and one last thing: the bike is shipped in a new colour: silver and black. The silver has replaced the white and the black has replaced the yellow. It's not as attractive as the white/yellow shown on the Norco's web site, but it looks like a stealth bike. Less attractive for thieves.

Similar Products Used: Rocky Mountain ETSX-30, Specialized Epic Disc, Specialized Epic Comp, Specialized Stumpjumper Disc, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Disc, Trek 90, Trek Liquid 20, Giant, NRS-1, Giant AC-2, Giant XTC-1 and Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ Disc.
Frank Kelly   Weekend Warrior [May 19, 2003]
Strength:

Every thing on this bike rocks! for a full suspension it's
reasonably lite at 27-28lbs.

None yet!

I have been a Norco fan for years, but they have out did them selfs this time, this is a great ride, specs are outstanding on this bike! however I did swap out some parts
like Bars stem and post, had Easton's low grade stuff on it
still good, but I change them to, Stem and post(Thompson) Bars to RaceFace. Bottom line pick up this this bike, you
won't regret it!

Khoa   [Dec 02, 2003]
Strength:

weight 27.5lbs, good set of components,

limits the height that the seat post can be lowered or raised because of the suspension set up.

I haven't had alot of time on this bike, but did some research before hand. Norco has changed quite a bit since the 80's. They have gone from a low end bike manufacturer to high end very competitive machines(price & performance). The rear suspension technology is liscened throught Specialized (4-bar linkage). Specialized is another great company producing great bikes so you can't go wrong. Only differenc is you don't pay Specialized prices and yet have the same performance. I gave ratings of 5 stars and I'm sure I won't regret that rating onced I spend more time on the bike.

Even thought this bike is rated as a xc bike, it is probably more geared towards an all mtn because of travel and weight with 4" in front and rear of travel.

This bike is for you if you're looking for a great value yet not sacrificing on performance and components, then this is the bike for you.

Similar Products Used: Specialized epic - brain technology, Trek Liquid 10, Klein Mantra
iceman   Cross Country Rider [Dec 16, 2003]
Strength:

After first glance and first few rides: Very light frame, suspension, powerful Hayes hyd. disc brakes, frame geometry.

After 6 months: The bike is still like new (after spending so much time in the shop waiting for parts).

Weaknesses: (after 6 months)
Suspension (all suspension bushings needed to be replaced and main pivot sheared right off) Norco customer service sucks BIG time when time comes to ship you new parts. Be aware!!

After first glance and first few rides: Saddle comfort - might as well ride on a piece of cardboard. Needed to change the stock saddle. Also, if your seatpost clamp gives up, you will definitely bend your rear shock.

After 6 months: Shifter cable housings are rubbing on the frame and chewing slowly the aluminium. Norco needs to relocate their rear derailleur and brake cables elsewhere on the frame. Suspension (all suspension bushings needed to be replaced after 3 months and main suspension pivot sheared right off).
Norco customer service sucks BIG time when time comes to ship you new parts. Be aware!! Thanks God I had my spare bike to ride while waiting for parts. The rear axle also bent on me and needed to be replaced as well.

I consider selling my Fireball and buying a Giant VT One or Two. Much better frame, better wheels, better suspension better stock components overall and way much better customer service from Giant than Norco. That was my first and last Norco. Very disappointed with that Canadian bike maker.

Similar Products Used: Giant VT One and VT Two, Specialized Enduro Comp, Enduro Expert, Trek Fuel 98, Fuel 100, Giant NRS-1, NRS-Air
Liz Graham   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2003]
Strength:

Uh. everything! the bike comes stocked quite nicely. deore LX front derailleur, XT rear. SRAM cassette (9spd) and chain. 'Zocchi fork, with Rock Shox rear. bike feels really nice, especially as a first FS bike.

Rear shock is hard to adjust in the frame. colours were awful (sorry norco), but now rule. and saddle. owie

MY BABY!

Similar Products Used: norco rampage('99) xc hardtail
norco cypress ('99) xc hardtail
Josh F   Cross Country Rider [Sep 09, 2004]
Strength:

easy to set up. spec'ed out nicely w/ drivetrain and brakes. fork is great. 4 bar feels great on climbs and downhills.

need to move cables to put on h2o cage. need to unbolt suspension to adjust air pressure on rear shock when in 3" setting. comes w/ junk peadles.

once you get the air pressure right (which only takes a few rides), the bike feels great. at nearly 30 lbs, it's a little heavy, but you do not notice it much on the trail. the bike handles like a dh rig, but is still great to peadle uphill. you can not beat the bike for the price, i have been very pleased with this bike.

Similar Products Used: gt i drive 2.0, schwinn homegrown ht, fisher cake 3 dlx, trek fuel 90.
W.   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2004]
Strength:

Review is for 2004 model. Good components (XT, FOX, Marzocchi, Ritchey, Panracer, Deore[thppt], A Class). Simple looks. Great geometry.

The pedals aren't the greatest. I want to replace them... maybe I will try to break them in some more.

Very good bike for the price paid. Do not know the weight of it, but it was easy to get up hills... once you remember to lock out your shocks [I forgot to when I was going up a big hill... with the front so high and a rear shock in motion... I ended up flipping over backwards, lol! and I could not unclip... so I wisely crashed onto my side.]

I would not use a riser bar on this bike unless you like sitting upright. Plus, get a shock pump for the FOX Float so you can adjust it properly... I think I am going to stiffen mine up a little more.

I ride strictly cross country plus some light downhill. I do not know if I would trust the rims for some major drops/jumps. Everything else would hold.

Great CANADIAN bike!

Similar Products Used: GT, Specialized, Rocky Mountain.