Maverick Reposado 2003 Full Suspension

Maverick Reposado 2003 Full Suspension

-Lightweight XC racer. 80mm travel.
-Lighter tube mix, magnesium bodied air shock, rim brake mounts.
-Frame - 5.2lbs.
-Complete bike - sub 24lbs. (not available in XL)

[Jun 10, 2003]
Ido Mazor

Strength:

NO BOBBING, amazing climbing, rear shock very easy to adjust and feels comfortable.

???!!! still looking....

The best XC-Race bike money can buy!

SC Superlight, Marin Mount vision, Giant NRS

[May 26, 2003]
doug

Strength:

just a great bike, ride and climbing are unbelievable. bike weighs aprox 24.5 pounds.

bike rides a good as it is to look at. many comments from fellow riders on the trail. little pricey but worth the bucks for the ride. have done a few 3 hour rides without the sore butt in the morning. been able to ride trails i wouldn't have considered last year.

[Feb 06, 2003]
Billy Newmyer

Strength:

Light weight, plush ride.

Haven't found any yet.

Bottom line ..... I love this bike! A full-suspension racing machine that weighs in at a hair over 24 lbs. The Turner-designed rear shock is awesome. Smooths out the bumps nicely, and even though it has no lock-out, doesn't bob when climbing (and I love climbing). In the past, descending has been something that has held me back a bit (I'm no slouch, but the good ones would leave me in their dust), but this baby has helped me stay with some of the boys that used to thrash me. This should be the tool that helps to complete the racing experience.
It's a bit pricey ($5,000 for the whole set-up), but my life seems to revolve around this hobby, so it's worth it. I had to give it only 4 chilis for value cuz it's bloomin' pricey, but I guess that's what we pay for performance these days. I have no regrets.

Merlin Fat Beat

[Mar 11, 2004]
Koby-san

The very supple and wonderful rear shock does not have after market parts available. In fact, I've been trying to get a rebuild kit since November 03 and it's now March 04. I called Foxx and was told that the seals are propriatary and that they cannot sell them - they are only available through Maverick. I called have called Maverick 3 times since November and was told kits would be available in January, March and now the end of April (they hope). They told me on the phone they estimate a rebuild kit to cost $200. I asked if the seals were gold plated and was told that's just what it cost. Oh, my very expensive bike is now unridable and I am stuck waiting on Maverick.

I would not deal with this company again. How can you put out a product without comsumables support? There are a number of easy outs for them, like licensing Foxx to sell the stuff. It's and irresponsible way to do business.