K2 Bike Tirade 5.0 2003 Full Suspension

bstana   Racer [Jul 03, 2008]
Strength:

I Do dont get excited about to many things, this bike is just the nicest riding bike that i have ever been on. I road a Marin for a while,This K2 blowes the Marin away, it is way fasted, handels way better, tighter everything

I love everything about this Beast

This is one kick ass bike, its boat Loads fasted than the other bikes I have races, K2 is a very well kept secret1 price is low and the quality is all you need, In the past 2 weeks i have beat the day lights out of this bike, it just keeps coming back for more. Its alot of bike for the money, I have owned more expensive bikes, this bike is better than my last bike and it was thousands cheaper,If you dont own one go ride one, you will end up buying one. Its just that sick of a bike. Its really scary

Similar Products Used: Marin, Trek, Gary Fisher, GT
Jason Jorgenson   Racer [Apr 08, 2004]
Strength:

this bike friggin rocks! The travel is awesome and the fox AVA in the rear is adjustable beyond belief. By the way this is an update from a previous review. I could go on and on about the beauties and wonders of this bike!

THere is some kind of knocking noise in the rear when I drop anything over 4 foot, but I think it;s only if I land it off-chamber.

If your looking for a wonderful bike that is cheaply priced but not as popular a name as Santa Cruz, yeti, etc, look no more, you have found her! the tirade! what a beauty, go out and find one today.

Similar Products Used: My first full suspension but since I woirk at a bike shop I ride every bike that comes in the door. So I know a lot about bikes from customer testimonies and personal or learned knowledge.
joshua gifford   Weekend Warrior [Mar 07, 2003]
Strength:

this bike can get over and off and down anything, as well as across any city block.

don't try riding the bike path with the super sized down hill tires.

if you want something great for off roading, then this is the bike. its the humvee of mountain bikes. but you should go out and buy a bike rack for the car because you don't wanbt to ride this out to the trail.

Similar Products Used: specialized xc comp,
Jason   Downhiller [Dec 21, 2003]
Strength:

The tirade is my first do-everything full suspension. I purchased the frame and have it at a weight of 31.5lbs! I can do 20 miles in 2hrs on this bike. Id does everything, cross-country, freeride, and alittle bit of downhill. It is very easy to pedal, and with strong rims, I've hit a 6 ft drop on it with ease. I love this bike and will own it for a long time!

At the six inch travel setting I can never get it to be quite as stiff as I would like it. I have only gone up to 260psi though, the limit is 300psi max. In the 5 inch travel setting you can do everything.

This bike is a do everything wonder machine, I feel invincible on it, I feel like nothing is too extreme for the tirade. If you want a affordable bike that can do everything all the more expensive bikes can look at the tirade. It will take you to all your riding goals and beyond! I have nothing bad to comment about this bike. Go get it or wait for the 2004's.

Similar Products Used: tirade 4.0, Giant AC, Santa Cruz Heckler, Jamis XLT 2.0
Jeff Perillo   Weekend Warrior [Mar 15, 2005]
Strength:

EVERYTHING, the frame is very stout, the wheels are bombproof (I use Single Tracks, but they are basically RhynoLites), the AVA is hella-adjustable. The Vanilla is smoother then my Jr T, and the 4,5,6 adjustable travel is very nice for my style riding.

I wish propedal was available on the stock AVA, but it wasnt even out yet.

If you need one bike to do everything, look no further. I picked the frame up off ebay, and built it as close to stock as I could, and got out the door for under $1000. I saw one go on ebay last week for $750, whoever one that robbed the seller. If you do buy this bike, plan on ditching the 2.5's and go with something smaller. Other then that beat the hell outta this bike, it can and will take whatever you got. Happy Trails!