GT Ruckus I-Drive 1.0 2003 Full Suspension

GT Ruckus I-Drive 1.0 2003 Full Suspension

[Sep 02, 2003]
Ben
Downhiller

Strength:

Insanely strong - I Drive - Low center of gravity.

Maybe too overbuilt... but means its never gona break.

The actual package this bike comes with sux.
i bought the frame only and built onto it.
This bike simply owns... takes ANYTHING thats thrown at it, very low center of gravity increses balance heaps! The I-Drive makes pedaling as if your on a hardtail.

i wouldnt buy the complete bike, but if u want a bullet proof frame that'll improve your confidence heaps, then go for it!

Foes Weasel, Specialized Big Hit

[Oct 16, 2005]
Brian Alexander

Strength:

buuurly, idrive, likes to be railed on

can't find a chainguide that will work with idrive, heavy

From what I have heard, this bikes stock setup sucks, but I bought the frame and built it up and mine rocks. This thing willl stick to any line you through at it. It eats up rocks and ruts like no other and corners like a beast. I have yet to find a trail this bike won't demolish.

kona stinky deelux, balfa 2step

[Apr 25, 2006]
Stuart Catford

Strength:

Frame, tough as you like, looks great rides well

None found

This bike is great, goes up hill (with a push) comes down hill like a mad man, handles everything i have thrown at it and more

It's the bollocks

Sant Cruz

[Dec 19, 2005]
chjad

Strength:

Strong (regularly carries 225 lbs), smooth ride,weightiness adds confidence,WOW! factor, feels better than a back massage

Crap rear cassette, shifts like crap, 5" travel fork, original tires were heavy, original grips suck, weight might make it a handful for smaller/lighter people

Great riding bike. I jump the snot out of it, and it doesn't break (and I weigh two and a quarter). I look forward to increasing front travel. There has been a mysterious creak in the bottom bracket area since new, but GT warrantied it without hesitation, even though the problem was never successfully diagnosed. That's good service! I would recomend this bike to anyone who wants a cross country bike that will rock the dirt jumps and downhills. I can't say it has been problem free, but I still love it. Upgrade parts as they wear out, and it gets even better!

Two GT Ricochets, Specialized full suspension

[Feb 24, 2003]
Jeff Canovara

Strength:

This bike is the $hitest bike i have ridin.Componet wise anyway.Except for the fork and the rear shock the rest of it sucks. And the idrive unit breaks real easy. Atleast with me it did anyways dont know why the biggest drop i did was a 8 footer. And the rims arent the strong. I am waiting to get all new parts for the bike then i wil be happy

The whole thing except for the fork and the shock.

The bottom line is if you are going to buy this bike expect to replace all most all the parts on it.(like me) Also the headset makes a wired noise so i might have to replace that to.But the frame ok strength wise. I should of gotten an ac1 02 ac2 besides this bike.
Peace

Dhi,Ac2,uzzi slx

[Sep 11, 2003]
Pete
Downhiller

Strength:

Strong frame, i-drive

heavy

This is my first freeride bike. I used to be a hardcore XC biker, but my earlier bikes were to weak. I needed something a bit more solid. The ruckus changed me as a rider since I'm riding much steeper and faster with this bike. I use this bike for some climbing. Of course this bike is not a good climber. But, considering its weight (18KG) this bike makes it quite well to the top. This bike is great for downhilling in the woods and on the mountain. It's a freeridebike that handles most terrain but not the biggest hucks.

a bunch of XC bikes

[Dec 22, 2004]
Cement Legs

Strength:

;)....

Great freeride bike.... wanna do 8' drops ... buy a downhill bike.... if ya broke it .... well every bike has a story about some dumb failure... it's a product of materials processing and manufacturing... with this bike its definitely not the norm... to GT "stop loading up such awesome frames with crap components!!!"

buy frame and build up for best ride ever :D

[Aug 09, 2003]