Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ 2003 Full Suspension

Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ 2003 Full Suspension

[Sep 06, 2011]
Andrew

Strength:

Took a few rides to dial in - I can now climb almost as good as my hard tail and blast down hills over anything.

Its a little finicky down shifting (i think the chain is 1 few links too short). On the flat tight single track its no where a nimble as my hard tail.

I'm 6ft, 195lbs - 19,5 inch frame. This is my 1st suspension bike. After riding hard tail and fork for year, I got to tell you its a relief on many a body part. Though not a nimble or a light as my previous bike, it still climbs (I now know what a lock out is for) and blasts down hills that I was always careful on. If I'm going 8k, I will get there faster on my hard tail, If I'm going 16k, I will get there faster on the sugar 2+ and still have a little left over for the Girl friend.

[Jul 02, 2010]
graham

Strength:

Handles the fast straights well,stable at speed,ok in turns

CHAIN SUCK,Broke to frames and the rear stays,Cane Creek Shock leaks even after rebuild,Chain Suck,and creaky frame,bontrager r wheel hub broke!

Great idea as far as geometry,just sh_t parts and bad rear geo ,that causes chain suck!4SALE

Lots,Specialized,litespeed,klein,trek,cannandaloe,own salsa now,diamond back,Mt. Tam GF,etc....

[Jul 21, 2008]
Jon

Strength:

I love the xtr rear derailer. The Fox fork and rear shock work great. I have had no problems climbing hills and doing drops of a couple feet.

None that I know of

I have rode this bike for over 800 miles. I have had no problems yet. I race in the local towm challenges with no problems. I like to take this bike over the technical sections because it can handle them with ease. My buddy baught a specialized Pitch and has had a few problems with it. This is just a great bike !!!

Specialized Pitch, Rockey Mountain Slayer, Specialized XC

[Jul 14, 2003]
Mike Carbonneau

Strength:

Everything-Fox Float front shock is smooth as butter and sucks up bumps like nothing else, Rear shock has NO bob and keeps the tire planted. Components are superior to Specialized Epic, and frame is tigher than Giant NRS. Chain suck is minimal, but I'm still tuning in the adjustments. Control is excellent on descents and climbs like a goat. I was worried about the front lifting during step climbs with the weigth shifted back due to the Genesis geometry, but there is no lift.

515 clipless pedals on a $3800 cdn bike. Give me a break!!! What the hell are bike makers thinking.

This is the best bike for the money, including the upgrades I added. I rode descents that would have had me walking with my hardtail. Climbs are solid with no bob. The shock is the best feature, travel and weigth cannot be matched. Tuning the shock is critical, but easy. A few Endo's and I quickly increased the pressure. The cockpit is long and takes some practise on tight technical, but it does perform. This is my dream machine. My brother just bought an NRS 2 (small frame) and my large frame is lighter. No issues with the bike or components, but I know that Gary Fisher will stand behind their bikes.

Specialized Epic Disk, NRS 2 disk

[Jul 08, 2003]
noah

Strength:

Light, responsive, good fs climber, a hottie!

Expensive.

Love it. No real issues as of yet. This is my first FS bike after 16 years of trail riding and I am extremely happy with it. No real issues with chain-suck as reported by others, but I'm not using the stock Bontrager crank (changed to XT) so that might have prevented any problems. The bike is very light for a fs rig, climbs excellently (very little bob) and is reasonably responsive. The cockpit is very long (a good thing if you are tall) so the riding position is very stretched out.

Epic, Superlight

[Jun 13, 2003]
Jack

Strength:

Fast, good components for the price

seat is uncomfortable

The bike handles well under stress. Soaks up the hard hits but stiff enough for long climbes. The adjustable travel on front and rear is huge. Gives lots of options for type of riding. This is a beautiful bike perfect for cross country riding or racing. Give serious look if looking to upgrade.

trek feul, specialized enduro

[Jun 08, 2003]
Ross

Strength:

great suspension, fast, cool paint job

none yet

As someone who has just made the jump from a hardtail to a full suspension this is soooooo fun. It is faster than I thought and climbs great. If you are someone who is even thinking of switching from a hardtail to a f/s and thought you are loosing speed or climbing ability, forget about. You sure don't feel beat up after riding 3 hours, you just want more.

stumpjumper f/s

[May 28, 2003]
Huge

Strength:

No-Bob, solid feel, adjustable rear suspension

Makes me go too fast

Warranty upgrade from Fisher. No hassels. Very used to the F2 bobbing all the time. This feels like a hardtail in comparison. Climbs well. No rear end sway.

No chainsuck as of today. Have about 300 miles on the bike.

VERY SATISFIED

Fisher Jashua F2, Canon jeckel(sp)

[Sep 11, 2007]
Will Jameson

Strength:

Light weight, pretty paint job. Genesis geometry

Chain suck chain suck chain suck.... I have been riding for over 10 years and never had any issue with chian suck until I bought this frame. Something is wrong with the chain-line set up.

Responsive light and fast, climbs like a goat and descends well - it goes where you point it. The geometry, although weird at first is cool once you get into the groove. This frame is a delight when the chain stays on the chain rings BUT it just will not stay there. The chain suck - well... sucks! My chain came off 3-5 times a session and broke maybe 1 in 3 rides.
Bottom line - I had to sell it because of the chain suck. The frame was never correctly engineered which causes the constant chain suck; consequently the ride is so unreliable it should have never gone on sale. Disappointing because other than that Ms Lincoln – its a great frame…

Specialized FRS XC

[Apr 21, 2003]
skeeter krass

Strength:

climbing steeps, not alot of bobing in the shocks when pedleing hard and fast the best all around bike i ever road

the xtr rear derailer will not stay in tune, as soon as it gets muddy sh*t hits the fan

don't buy this bike unless you plan on rideing every day and useing it to the best of your abilitys IF YOUR GOING TO RIDE THE BEST YOU MUST BE THE BEST

cannondale scaple, trex fuel,specialized rock hopper, K2 razor back team