Ellsworth Dare 2003 Full Suspension

Ellsworth Dare 2003 Full Suspension

-International Standard disc brake mounts and replaceable derailleur hanger
-8" travel
-CNC'd swingarm
-XC swingarm available
-Shot-peened, anodized finish
-Compatible with all current long travel and free-ride forks

[Jan 04, 2006]
Trevor Christensen
Downhiller

Strength:

It's very fast I can keep up with my older brother on his cross country bike. It takes off like a missel. It is very well balanced. It takes to a whole new level in rideing.

It's the best bike I have ever rode. I have rode about ten other DH Bikes. The Dare is deffinetly the fastes of them all by a long way. Mine weighs 50 pounds plus. Other people can get them down to 38 pounds. Even with a 12 pound fork. It will do wheelis with ease. There just isn't a better bike. I'm moslty a free rider. I also do tials on this bike. It will do what ever you want to do on it and take you where you want to go. Even a big hill. It climbs very well. I weigh 200 pound and it's good for me. I love this bike.

RMX,Joker, and others

[Jan 21, 2003]
God Russell
Downhiller

Strength:

Everything

Nothing

If your looking for a quick way to my place, buy this bike and your guaranteed a spot near the throne. I have fallen numorous times on it, and still ive only scratched the paint. While it isnt as good as my Apocalypse, its a diesel bike, and you can set some records on it easily. I dropped the Mt. Cloud 40' on it, and it rolled out smooth.

My Balfa that Bhudda told you about and my Karpiel Apocalypse.

[Aug 06, 2005]
Dave

Strength:

Best bike i have ever tryed. passed every test ive put it through with flying colors, super plush. nicest riding bike and just a great looking bike. 20mm rear axle, best of all, lifetime warentee

so far almost none, only that the hope mono 6ti's brake lines wont fit through the frame holes.

Best bike money can buy, the set up i have now is unbeatable. i have a small frame and forks, its perfect for tech style riding. it is an expensive bike but in my opinion, the best bike you can buy, i looked at the Foes mono, but it has no warentee, seriously, none. i dont know how they get away with that.

Oryx DHO, Turner DHR, Intense M1, ETC.

[Feb 28, 2003]
Peter

Strength:

Geometry
Strong
All around use
Lazer Graphics
Rear through axil
Can use 24" wheels
XC/Freeride option Swingarm

*Swingarm sometimes hits the bottom rails of the seat, causing you to up the seat forward and up high
*Price

This bike is Sweet! It handles like a dream! Its an awsome ride for freeriding, I havent had the time to take it Downhillin yet but im sure it would rock. There is absolutly no pedal bob when set up correctly!

Cheeta Prowler

[Jun 01, 2004]
luke shallcross
Downhiller

Strength:

Bloody strong frame, romic t2 shock, chunky bolted rear dropouts with 12mm thru-axle,risse champ forks go well with the rear end setup.Looks well nice in blue or black.

Too many people wantto ave it.Champ forks area bit heavy, and take ages to get, darados would be nice.

This bike rules, 10ft drops on to flat easy, my 24spd shimano setupmakes xc rides a laugh too, dh is so much more smothr and faster on tjis than any other bike ive ridden including a giant atx1 and dh team, and club roosts, it weighs just under 391bs and with darados and no slime it would weigh about 371bs. Id advise this bike to an one whois serious about racing or just wanting to do some freerie, with the ol' bit of xc.could be better with darados.

giant dh team with 8" fox shock and shivers.

[Mar 31, 2008]
Sinty

Strength:

plush as f**k, takes dog's abuse, a bit different from the norm, looks fantastic.

dunno of any

She's just as smooth as you like and takes anything thrown at her with no sweat at all. I've broken a few frames in the past but don't think I'll come close to wrecking the Dare. She ain't the lightest but isn't really built for xc. Perfect for anyone looking for a bit of Freeride or Downhill action.

Santa Cruz Bullit, Specialized Bighit