Cannondale Jekyll 400 Feminine 2003 Full Suspension

Jekyll 400 Feminine

Ellen   Cross Country Rider [Apr 22, 2003]
Strength:

This bike was real nice and when I can afford another one I will get the Jekyll 400. I am a small woman at 5'2" and this is a very comfortable ride and the petite option fit real well too. The black with purple flames was sharp looking too. The fact that you can change the geometry to fit the ride is extremely appealing to me. I am waiting for some good deals out there due to Cannondale's financial woes. It won't stop me. This is a great bike ladies

Weight. This is about what feels like 6 or 7 lbs heavier than my Fuel (which is also a great bike.) Other than that I have no complaints.

This is a great bike and if I could have bought this too I would have.

Similar Products Used: Trek Fuel 90 WSD
Bethany Devos   Cross Country Rider [Mar 26, 2004]
Strength:

Very nice component selection for the price. The WSD makes the ride just what full suspension should be and has been for bigger folk.

The stock Deore shifters, XT rear D and the SRAM 9 speed cassette did not love each other. Ghost shifting, crappy shifting = horrible ride. Additionally small hands made trigger shifting difficult. Too long shift travel for short fingers and thumbs.

Great bike. Good looks and good performance. Mismatched shifting components need to be replaced. Cut a deal with your LBS when you buy it. Ditch the standard Deore shifters and go all SRAM like my husband did for me or maybe XT shifters to match the stock rear D. Almost forgot.... Seat needs replacing. Butterfly is very cute but seat is hard as rock.

Similar Products Used: Hubby rides Giant AC-1 frame rigged for free-riding with full XT set-up. Got this bike when we got married so I could ride with him.
ima wussy   Cross Country Rider [Aug 04, 2003]
Strength:

good balance of components and quality, even for a huge 6'5" 225lb man/woman, it rides like a dream

lets people know my secret, that i have both sets of genitalia, i'm torn between being a man and a woman.

i'd recommend this bicycle to anyone that breaks the "normal" body type stereotype.