RockShox Psylo Race 2003 Front Shocks

DAMPING: PURE
Adj: Rebound /
NEW! Remote Control compression adjustment and lockout

Andrew   Weekend Warrior [Aug 27, 2003]
Strength:

Plush smooth travel, withstand the cold of winter and the heat of the desert (I have been in both). Easy adjustable travel. Handles 10 footers and soaks up the small bumps.

Stickers fall off easily = doesn't matter
not very rigid = seen worse

This is a good all around fork. It is not ment for you type of riding, but can take a little of each. Good if you want to cross country ride on the weekends and do some street on the way to school. Recomend this shock highly...and Ebay for the place to buy it.

Similar Products Used: Duke sl, manitou bomber, manitou black elite, manitout sherman
MARUT KETUDAT   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2003]
Strength:

IT'S ONE OF THOSE VERSATILITY FOLKs, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU ADJUSTED IT.

FUNNY LOOKIN' COLOR THOUGH I CAN LIVE WITH IT. "DARK" BROWN SUGAR, I'D CALLED.

TOTALLY ROCK.

Similar Products Used: 2001 PSYLO SL
Anthony   Weekend Warrior [Jun 20, 2003]
Strength:

Remote lockout althogh I don't use it. Easy to adjust. Great ride.

Color, but deep down I like it....don't tell anybody.

Honestly, only taken this out once. (I am on cruthes for unrelated accident). However, all I have to say is WOW. Nice and plush over bumps, especially at full travel. Corners nice and seems stiff. Oh yha I am a fit 210lbs. Thinking about stiffing up the springs but I am not sure yet. Anyway, save a bunch of money and buy one of these.

Five flamin chilis because I love Yha. (Atleast until I review it after I have ridden it more)

Similar Products Used: Duke XC 80mm, Duke XC 100mm, Cannondale lefty (demo), Marzocchi exc or something like that (demo)
Matt W.   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2003]
Strength:

Quick and easy travel adjustment, very convenient lockout at the fingertips.

None so far.

This shock is great for the freeride as well as those cross country riders who like some more travel on the way down the hill. I love cranking it down to 80mm and locking it out on the way up the hill keeping me forward, and then raising it to 125mm on the way down the hill to increase the speed and take a few drops here and there. The travel adjustment takes just a few seconds to go from 80-125 and the lockout is easily accessed at the push of a button on your bars while riding. Great performance & functionality...just what I was looking for...zero complaints thus far. Last year's reviews on this shock don't look so good...looks like RockShox stepped it up this year.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Marz, RockShox SID
allan   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2007]
Strength:

weight for amount of travel, adjustment, lockout

flex

Ive had these for around 2-3 months and ride freeride/street/xc. I upgraded from a 01 psylo xc because the steerer tube kept moving round in the crown (this seems to be happening to some others above). for street 125mm is great, then when i get to a trail, i simply wind the u turn dial down to 80mm. It seems to be able to handle both 1.5m drops and fast xc sprints with ease!
Excellent moderate freeride/xc fork
recommended!

Similar Products Used: psylo xc, rst,
Zach Martin   Weekend Warrior [Dec 29, 2003]
Strength:

the 5 inches of travel is very smooth

lock-out gets in the way, the u-turn does not say at its set travel it goes from 5 to 3 inches after 1 or 2 4 foot drop offs, the fork all around is week i flex it just turning i have a 8 inch disk in the front it cant help but rub, and finally after having the fork only 1 month the bushing were shot the fork has way tomuch play in it and is no way considered a "freeride" fork

This fork is over rated it is in no way shape or form a freeride fork its good for cross country at the most. the value is not good to begin with and just take that price and add alot of repairs and youll eventually have a top of the line fork if u didn't waste your money

Leonick C   Cross Country Rider [Feb 17, 2003]
Strength:

Adjustable travel, real soft, absorbs all of those bumps on the trail. you can adjust the stiffness also!

The blackbox is so hard to install, took the tech guy over 4 hours to install this thing. Rock shox should have pre-installed this before shipping them out. Once you've overcome this problem, there's not much complain about it. the rebound adjuster doesn't seem to have that much effect though.

A very good investment. Nothing so far would beat this shocks.

Similar Products Used: Jet fork. etc.
Brian Buell   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2003]
Strength:

relatively light, versatile with the U-Turn system. Remote lock out is a nice thing to have, though rarely use. it moves up and down

it no longer moves up and down. I broke the Rebound base plate assembly *plastic*

This fork is awesome, but there is a flaw in the design by putting a piece of plastic in a high stress area. If this fork is made for Free ride, they need to put a little more oomph in that piece, metal would be awesome. I'm very hard on my ride. Everyday I ride to work, every day I jump everything I can *Urban Assault Style* The fork was awesome till the piece broke from an 8 ft. jump over some cement bleachers. When this is fixed it's going on my Fisher Sugar for my friends to puts around on and get into the sport, meanwhile I'm going all out from now on.. Fox is the way to go, little more expensive, but everything is Alloy, my kind of product. For the basic rider, and a little less hard core than I am the Psylo's are Awesome, very very plush, just be careful on the big jumps, could be the last. but I know mine will be fixed under warranty, so not a huge deal.

Similar Products Used: RS SID, Manitou Black
Matt Goodman   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2003]
Strength:

Kick ass color. Remote Lockout, that new crown, takes anything you throw at it, eats it, and then wants more!

Absolutly NONE

This Shock Rock's! I have taken much terrain on her, and it absorbes hits like butter! I have absolutly nothing bad to sayabout this shock, for the exception that the travel only hits 117 mm on the tube, but rock shox has said it will break in so that it shows 125 mm. Other then that, its a great value, and it is my first "Real" suspention fork.