RockShox Judy TT 2003 Front Shocks

TRAVEL: 80 mm

SPRING: NEW! Dual Stage coil/elastomer spring
Adj: Preload

mtbrocker   [Mar 07, 2015]
Strength:

Durable, reliable and trouble free.

Too rigid for everyday cruising.

Mostly use this bike - an older Haro Vgf - for city commuting daily back and forth to work, and light trail riding. Strong forks but need to upgrade to something that can handle jumping up and down curbs and light trail jumps, as the old body can't take the absorbing. Need a basic direct replacement fork that is a bit more forgiving. Any ideas? Thanks

L3ONNOEL   [Jun 30, 2012]
Strength:

Very reliable fork. Ive been using it for 9 years and never serviced them. I have even used them for some jumping and they work fine

No adjustments, very rigid

No use buying these forks because they are so old, get something new

nate   Downhiller [Apr 14, 2012]
Strength:

ajustable

none that i saw

love them all the way around they did great no matter where i went:)

Alighieri   Downhiller [May 12, 2011]
Strength:

looks durable and is durable, price-value, it ages like wine, I have the idea that it never got weaker or got worn out after more than 10 years I've used it. great paintjob!

the plastic adjustment knob has NO USE exept hurting fingers after trying to turn it in cold weather, also in good weather you might as well forget about adjusting the thing, I never felt a difference in stiffness.

after reading the comments it seems to me some, or maybe a lot of poor-performing, bad quality Judy TT's got sold...
maybe they had a lot of production errors? anyhow, I got lucky, I've done a lot of rally's (beachraces, as wel as abusive downhill forest tracks) in the past with these shocks, I got my bike at the age of 16 or something, that was 13 years ago, there were no shocks available for bikes at that time where I lived, not unless you wanted to spend a fortune. I got the shocks a few years later, I guess at the age of 18, 19... approx. 10 years ago... I still use them today, not as frequently, but still, they never let me down. I did bottem them out a couple of times, but then again, I did give them a lot of abuse (:downhil foresttracks littered with huge treeroots, rocks,...) I needed stiff, solid shocks, and I am under the impression that even after 10 years they didn't soften up the slightest bit!! my bike looks old now but my Judy TT's still look brand new and the paint never got chipped!
I'm sure there are a lot of better (also more expensive) shocks out there, but to me, the Judy TT stands out!

Similar Products Used: suntour crap, marzocchi..
vermontobahn   Cross Country Rider [Jan 31, 2010]
Strength:

Disk brake mounts, stiff 80mm of travel and I can stuff my 26x2.5 in there.

Center hoop snaps easy on down hills, good for XC & trails.

Free

grim   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2008]
Strength:

Cheap and strong. Spares easily available and fork easy to dismantle, clean and rebuild. Do that twice a year and you won't have any problems.

Weight.

Excellent fork as long as you don't use it for regularly dropping off cliffs. Use it within its limitations and it will perform extremely well and last ages. Stiff, but that's what I like :o)
Servicing is easy.
You wouldn't use a static rope for rock climbing!

Similar Products Used: marz etc
Andrey Shamardin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 15, 2003]
Strength:

+ low price of product(~$100)
+ enough travel for rough cross country riding
+ adjustable preload

- not much travel
- toooo heavy

Good fork for this money! Greate performance at all! But Judy C - better ;)

Similar Products Used: RST Capa TL, Suntour XC 75/60
Dave Janovetz   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2003]
Strength:

Works well for the price. keeps the front wheel planted, has survived the average jumps and drops fond on the local trails as well as one insane jump in a friends back yard and doenst complain.

a lil heavy but its cheap what do you ppl want???

a lot of ppl complain about it but its not that bad of a fork. its not a big hit fork but it works well for me on the local trails. it hasnt done anything weird after 3 foot drops and 50 hours of trail riding. i wouldnt buy it for my bike but it came stock and i cant complain.

Similar Products Used: bombers, older judys, and a used sid.
sie dico   Weekend Warrior [Jul 13, 2003]
Strength:

hasnt snapped, no flex

not much travel

not bad for the money

Similar Products Used: barracuda
Aaron McGraw   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2003]
Strength:

It does work....easy to use preload adjustment

A tad heavy...and these guys exagerrate, its not flexy.

This bike was a resurrection of my first mountainbike I had as a teenager. I was limited by the 1 inch headset requirement, so the TT was my choice. I was pleasantly surprised. Despite being a little on the heavy side, it is a performer...sucking up hits from burried petroleum pipeline pipes, stumps, and most obscenely railroad crossings. Its no racing fork, but its simple...relatively stiff (and I weigh in at 200 pounds), and generally service-free, despite what SRAM claims.