Marzocchi EXR 2003 Front Shocks

- External Preload Control
- 80mm travel [upgrade option]
- 30mm Aluminum Stanchions

Hendrik du Preez   All Mountain Rider [Nov 01, 2017]
Strength:

I have riding for 15 years now - 51000 km and it keeps going. It gives superb shock absorbtion and ride quality. The air pressure must be kept at the correct value for the weight of the rider. Correct air pressure is not an optional extra, it is compulsory. At a wrong air pressure the shock will dive in sand or mud or vibrate over rough terrain. I have have won several races with the EXR on my bike and looking foward to another win this coming Saturday. I reccomend this for for beginner and pro riders alike.

The EXR is an exellent fork that gives years of good service.

joshua   All Mountain Rider [May 12, 2016]
Strength:

they are amazing in every thing u do with them

amazing value for money

Kyle Vollick   Weekend Warrior [Sep 27, 2009]
Strength:

its a great fork for everything. It was built more so for cross country but it has toughed out street, trail, dirt jump and drops. The fork is all around great, never bottomed it out, easy to adjust air pressure, looks good and it only weighs 5lbs which is a great weight considering it will take anything you throw at it.

none..

This fork performs excellent in all biking fields. It is a great fork for anything and good for beginners and experienced riders. The weight is perfect for it, only 5 lbs, but i have been worried at times as to whether or not the fork will be able to stand up. but its taken everything, great purchase!!

Similar Products Used: DJ3, Edge (stock)
Haven   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2009]
Strength:

Smooth, great ride. I'm into everything mountin bike. i've taken this thing on a Kona on magor dirt jumps, urban riding, all mountain, and downhill. it's seen it all, and it's still kickin'. I really love this shock. I haven't had a problem. it was so perfect, i haven't touched since i got it. I'll admit I came from a Rockshox Dart-one, but I still get compliments on the trail.

It seems pretty light. I'm concerned about it's strength=gth, but I'm pretty paranoid.

This is pretty exceptional. i bought the bike for a wicked $300, so I'm not sure about price, but this is better then anything I've ever owned. I have had virtually no trouble with it over vast terrain, so if you're looking for an "all-planet" shock, this is it.

Similar Products Used: Nothing meets it.
JC   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2009]
Strength:

Really plush and minimal lateral flex. Air pressure and oil damping are a real plus.

Heavy, made in Taiwan

Mine is a late model of the two chamber type (EXR comp). It has one side air and the other side oil / coil spring.

Ignore skullcrusher's comments. He does not know how to adjust his forks. With the correct adjustments these are great.

When I bought it the air pressure was low and no adjustments had been made to the damping / coil preload. After looking through the manual and making the correct adjustments for my weight the shock is nice.

It does feel stiff when riding on the road or on light trails. But hit it with anything larger than your fist and you start to feel the damping. And it feels really good on landings - like the front wheel is hitting a pillow.

It does not make silly puffy noises that you might expect from other shocks, so sometimes it's difficult to realise that it is working at all.

Similar Products Used: Zokes, Judy
haha326   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2008]
Strength:

i put steps on the lowers and turned the fork upside down...it works great as a pogo stick. if you get this on a p2, trash the bike cuz it totally sucks and just use the fork...its worth at least twice as much as the whole bike itself!!

i get a lot of "damn, its an EXR comp!!! ive wanted one for years! can i hav ur autograph??" and hot women chase after me waving their phone #s. i showed it off at work once and the next day i got a promotion and a raise.

people try to steal my new pogo stick when they see me freestylin' down the street. also when this was mounted on my ugly worthless p2, the forest rangers were after me a lot...the fork was so good i would ride straight down the hill without a trail and obliterate all trees and wildlife in my way and fly off 30ft drops and not even notice. i was slapped with a cease and desist order, reason "fork is too hardcore" and i also got a $10 fine. oddly enough fines from forest destruction are covered under the warranty...i guess marzocchi knew how awesome the fork would be!!!

this fork is worthless. buy it as a joke only, or put it on your kid's tricycle. it may make a good doorstop too.

if you put this on your bike, it will jackhammer you even if you roll over a hair. i swear it amplifies shocks, not absorbs them. going down a smooth trail with no obstacles its fine, but once you hit a few small bumps or roots, it feels like a size 10 earthquake.

Similar Products Used: my 10 year old friend back in my neighborhood in MN had a kewl pogostick, but it just doesn't compare.
Stalker   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2008]
Strength:

Maintenance free, no need to check whether it needed oil air etc etc

for the price, i have no complains at all

Please dont say i dont know whether this is an MX comp but yup my EXR Pro is elastomer + coil springs as it is OEM version produced for OEM bike setup. The way bike company cut cost but the suspension is good in terms of ride feel and the performance doesn't match the price at all. For a fork at this price, it surpasses my expectation and perform very well. I wish i had the oil ones but it is OK, i never have to check anything at all and have more time to think about other things hehe

Similar Products Used: RST, SYNC, Marzocchi MX Comp
Adam   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2003]
Strength:

Its ok for awhile

Too soft, plus weak arch, it snapped in half off a 4 foot drop

Crappy fork unless you dont wiegh much, i would recomend upgrading if it comes stock cuz they break easy and could be dangerous.

Similar Products Used: judy
Jacques Marin   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2003]
Strength:

GREAT bang for the bucks, despite the awful reviews the fork has received (indeed, this is regarding EXR Comp).

i couldn't possibly point at any weaknesses that could be of possible regret since the price tag is obviously the catalyst of it's performance level.

these came stock on my bike, i do not intend on installing new ones until i torture them enough that they'll puke for their life's sake... maybe DJIII would be a good upgrade after i sacrifice these.