Manitou Dorado DH 2003 Front Shocks

Axle: Hex Lock Thru-axle

[Aug 08, 2009]
pipi cacA
Downhiller

Strength:

GFHGAD

GASFRGFSAD

FDSAFSAGDFSA

GFSDAGSA

[Jul 05, 2008]
vilneff33

Strength:

Wow, theres nothing more i can say, this fork is amazing, i see ppl saying it takes forever to break them in but i bought mine off a DH racer so they were already broke in. i cant bottom them out and if i do, i ahve 2 more hard couls to go in, but i have a soft coil and 2 medium coils in them right now. they are very light due to the CF casings, and there is NO flex in them. the most amazing fork i have ever used,

i blew the right seal very quickly and had to ship it out of Ontario because noone replaces manitou seals in ontario

best fork i have ever used in my life, ill never buy anything else,

2003 rock shox boxxer team, amazing fork aswell

[Jul 10, 2003]
Flip H.
Downhiller

Strength:

A quick follow up review on my post over two months ago.

"I'm still VERY HAPPY WITH THIS FORK and how well it rides! It performs awsome out on the local DH trails and drops!"

The 20mm Axle is a real B!TCH to get off when it's 110 degrees and your out on the trail in the ARIZONA HEAT!

Yea it cost a lot... It's still worth it!
FREEridings only a lame slogan. $1.000 dollar "+" forks aren't FREE to ride on inless your a SPONSORED RIDER!
DEAL WITH IT!

QUICK TIP,
If the fork stiffens up when your breaking it in put about 20cc's of fork oil in each of the top caps and it's SUPER PLUSH again.
"WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH ALL OF THE FORK COPANY'S SHIPPING OUT NEW FORKS THAT ARE LOW ON FORK OIL?"
The Dorado fork flat out rocks on the trail and on drops. I thought I really liked my old Marzocchi's till I got the Iron Horse TEAM with the MANITOU DORADO DH fork on it!
SO PLUSH yet it's really SAVED MY A$$ on every BURLY trail hit OR HARD LANDINGS so far!
"See you at the NORBA NATIONAL DH race @ Durango in August?"

blha, blha, BLHA!

[Jun 19, 2003]
Kevin W
Downhiller

Strength:

Very Plush, stiff, Great damping, not too heavy. It's Cool Like Heaven, upside down and plush, Adjustable & Awesome TPC+

This is awesome fork for real DH Rider. But a little Expensive in Malaysia other country I don't know!

I try to drop, Jump, nothing problem with this fork.
Because It have long 180mm travel.
It worth for DH Rider.

Don't worry about the parts.
Answer Products have a very good International services.
I have been rating 5 out 5 Best Services.

I was tested this shox from my friend.
Because it's a little expensive,
I can afford to buy.

Manitou X-vert DC, X-vert Carbon, Dorado DH, Sherman Slider,
other

[Jun 11, 2003]
Karl

Strength:

Very plush and responsive to small bumbs and soaks up all the large obstacles as well. No problems worked graet right out of the box.

None so far, maybe a little expensive at full retail but quality and workmanship are first rate

Great fork for downhill and freeriding , inspires cofidence , lets you rip through sections at speed instead having to pick your way down. Great flexibilty in adjustments to suit any rider.

Manitou Black Super and RS Boxxer

[Aug 31, 2003]
David
Downhiller

Strength:

GREAT for racing...just if your at a course where you're proan to crashing, and/or hitting trees you might want to look at the avalanche DH8 Ti. The fork is awesome though for me.

Twists ALL the time...carbon fiber.

Awesome fork. Very expensive. Twists a little bit. End of story.

Avalanche Dh8 Ti

[May 19, 2003]
Flip H.
Downhiller

Strength:

A really good looking DH fork. My fork came stock on my new Iorn Horse "SGS TEAM." I set it up and it felt and road GREAT right out of the BOX. I only have three rides on the fork so far... but by the third ride I was more then HAPPY with the forks performance out on the tral.

If I find "any?" I'll post another follow up review?

First off, "EVERYONE TOLD ME NOT TO KEEP THIS FORK ON MY NEW IRON HORSE SGS TEAM!" A friend that races on a Dorado DH convinced me not to trade this fork out for "the more tried and true, Supper T?" We set it up (A very easy thing to do!) when I got my new bike and We both liked the way the new fork felt and road right out of the box. After some urban fine tuneing tweaks and two lighter DH trail test rides... "The fork was working better then I could of ever hoped it could!" By the thired DH run My friend's, that "all ride Bombers" were looking at the fork and riding it around with new fork envy. On the trird DH run I let it unwind somemore and DAMN I LOVE THIS FORK! Running up on my friend's and pushing them to ride even faster on a new bike is a lot of fun. With the whole bike being brand new the only thing I haven't had to touch again yet... is the MANITOU DORADO DH.
I had no break in issues at all? no strange noises, no leaking seals? You pick it I was told "it" was going to start "SUCKING?" right out of the box. Look at the last RED BULL CHALLENGE "photo's," more of those HUCK MONKEYS are rideing DORADO'S! At any NORBBA or World Cup DH Race it's everywhere on every kind of frame? If it was snapping left and right it whould of been more then reported! The seals and service might cost more? Most shops don't even know how to work on them yet? Many people can't afford a custom built bike and the DORADO on top of that too. Don't let the Manitou drinking HATE-OR-ADE's get to you.
"The fork is so PLUSH!."
The best rideing DH fork out there. It cost more then almost all of the BOMBER's... But I'm glad that I got one!
If I have a challenge with the DORADO fork? I'll post it up here in a follow up review! I gave it only 4 chilis for the value rating just to keep it real.
"Get out and go ride something... already!"
Flip

"I was a HUGE MARZOCCHI BOMBER FAN like most everyone else!" Rock SHOX, Blha, Blha, Blha...

[Sep 24, 2005]
iridebikes
Downhiller

Strength:

super super plush. buttery smooth over fast washboard. nimble in rock gardens

not good for hucking. but if there was stiffer springs, it would work like a dream

if you race, ride it. If you huck, go for it. on this fork, you can really live fast, die fun.

[Jul 04, 2007]
Zach

Strength:

so smooth and plush, bottomless travel havn't yet bottomed it out

none yet

nicest fork iv ever ridden would recommend it to anyone.

shivers, boxers, shermans.

[Mar 04, 2006]
james z
Downhiller

Strength:

best feeling fork ive ridden excellent for going fast

high maintenance, drops and jumping

the best downhill fork out there but not very versitile

anything inverted