Haro Group 1 SX Comp 2003 BMX

Robbie Routh   Racer [Apr 05, 2011]
Strength:

It has one of the fastest best gearing ratios I have ever rode.It has great take off from when you take that first hard pedal.Precision tight smooth turning.Great weight extremely light.Soars threw the air perfectly.I highly recommend it.If you take good care of it then it will last a long time.

It really doesn't have that many weaknesses.But the fact that the bearings in the wheels get worn out every now and then all you have to do is grease them.Take very good care of it.

Is that it is a great racing bike and has awesome race factors.

Similar Products Used: Haro group 1 SX Junior.
Travis Duden   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 2009]
Strength:

my Haro SX is a strong bike. I ride it hard everyday. it hasnt let me down in a long time.

When i got this bike the teeth on the sproket where worn down in some places. The stock tires where worn out completely and the stock brakes where broke.

Both bikes are really good. But if you are lokking to buy a race bike save our money and buy a better Haro just make sure its a Haro

Similar Products Used: My other bike is a Haro F3. It is a 2008 bike and the SX I think might be a 2003. But dont know for sure.
Mike Fraser   Racer [Sep 21, 2005]
Strength:

Strong 7005 Aluminum Alloy Frame, solid trail tires (good for dirt tracks). Stock is still rock solid, yet still light.

Stock drive system is a bit touchy, my sprocket rounded off at the spindle and I skinned my knees several times, so I replaced it with an FBM Race 44t Sprocket, PoVerty 180mm Chrome Euro crankset, with a 3/4 spindle. SRAM Alloy 8 speed chain. And my favorite part, custom gold spike schraeder (spelling?) valve caps.

This bike is a solid racebike, it got me 2nd place in my class for Maryland State Champion, though I recommend highly replacing the drive system soon after you get the bike. It will only run you about $200, I was like $198ish. I don't plan on getting rid of this bike anytime soon. A good buy for $350. It's light and quick and I recomment a 44:15 gear ratio, if you race, you know what I mean when I say it shoots you out of the gate.

Similar Products Used: My first 20" was a 2000 Nyquist Edition Haro Backtrail X2 (2 Haro's? I'm seeing a pattern here...) It has lasted me 5 years and still stands strong and proud, I'm bout to sell it to a friend in my band.
Kirk Crupi   Racer [Jul 23, 2003]
Strength:

Every thing is awsome Except the pedals GOOOD EURO BOTTOM BRACKET

THE PEADALS IN THE BIKE ARE BAD THEY ARNT SEALED AND IF YOU RACE YOU KNOW THAT AFTER TWO LONG RACES THAT THE PEDALS WILL START TO CLICK THEY SHOULD OF GAVE HARO BIG BLOCK SEALED PEADALS

THIS BIKE IS WORTH THE MONEY AND IS RACE READY

Similar Products Used: NONE AS GOOL ô¿ô-
Tim Bartoszek   Racer [Jun 21, 2005]
Strength:

Really light, ready to race, worth its money, one of the best bikes i ever road.

some parts get worn out quickly, but you could always buy the parts it needs, like chain, or padals

great bike, even for jumping,

Similar Products Used: sx pro,
matt   Cross Country Rider [Apr 19, 2003]
Strength:

nice strong ride, good breaking, very easy to use, over all great bike best money i have spent

great bike you should buy one!

Similar Products Used: haro tr 2.1 1999
JV   Racer [Mar 31, 2004]
Strength:

Nice bike, everything on it is good as it comes from the dealer.

After 1 month: - pedals, chain, tires, fork, crank system, ...

At first, I was stocked when my new bike arrived. But what I noticed that the bars are really, really large. I cut them 3/4 on each side the first day. After 1 week my crank stystem broke. The front tirer is way to large. Bad grips, i placed lizard grips on it. Chain broke 2 times.

The point is, 375 $ isn't much money for a bmx bike, and it is race ready when you buy it. But i you race a lot like me, don't buy this bike, spent a bit more money and buy something GOOD! It isn't a bad bike, i recommend it for beginners but for better riders, get something better.