Firemans Texas Cruiser 2003 BMX

Tom   [Aug 10, 2005]
Strength:

Simplicity, longevity, cruzability, cool factor X 100

Weight

If you are looking for some down-home, Texas-style, old-school FUN, this is your ride. Mine's one of the earlier models, but they all share a slack seat angle and a long top tube that puts you into the groove position. You can slam it and jam it, offroad or on, but mostly it's about just cruzin' down to Barton Springs for a swim then back up to the drag for a burger at Dirty's. If you long for the old Cook Brothers/OM Flyer vibe, this bike will blast you straight back to 1982. Fireman Greg Mundy is a very cool guy, makin' a buck the old-fashioned way, by selling unique, well-made, solid bikes to a decidedly niche market. Your bike quiver isn't full until you have one of these. Get Cruzin'!

Similar Products Used: Singlespeed mountain bikes
OVERALL
Neil Miller   Cross Country Rider [Oct 17, 2003]
Strength:

Handling, Vibe

This bike fills my needs. I was looking for a bike to get around town with, that had an individual style and was fun to ride - something between a BMX bike and my regular mountain bike.

I'm 6'1' and the long top tube really makes for a comfortable and stable ride. The bike accelerates well to get through taffic, but doesn't make me feel compelled to be in a big ring competing with cab drivers. I love the single speed ride both for its simplicity, laid-back cruising mentality and quietness. I like the big fork, it seems to handle rough streets really well, and allows me to get away from using a shock without too much pain.

I also like the parts pick. They seem like a good balance of reputable brands without going overboard.

Similar Products Used: None, for my intentions.
OVERALL