Burley Rock and Roll Softride 2002 Tandem

Rock and Roll Softride

Scott Ghiz   Weekend Warrior [May 30, 2003]
Strength:

Stoker suspension (cantilever). Cam brakes. Nice steel frame. Good introductory bike to tandem riding.

Bar-end shifters (I just don't like those and will upgrade them). 7-gear cassette.

Burley Rock'n Roll, circa 1998. I purchased used on EBay. I am the second owner. Evidently the original owners put a lot of miles on it and upgraded. Great idea for this bike. This bike is a fabulous introductory vehicle for tandem riding. The steel frame is very forgiving and the cantilevel stoker suspension will keep your significant other on the bike for extra miles.

Would I pay $2500 for a new one: No. Only because our experience of tandem riding borders on just a little and almost none.

My recommendation is to buy this level of tandem used, if possible. You won't put out a lot of money and can resell it relatively quickly. It is a great way to try tandeming if you don't have access to a rentable bike.

Conclusion: Excellent intro tandem. Very comfortable for the stoker (VERY IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS POINT!!!).

VALUE RATING: 5 (Because I piked it up on EBay as a used bike).
OVERALL RATING: 4 (It seems pretty darn good so far)

Similar Products Used: None.
OVERALL