Norco Bigfoot 2002 Hardtail

Norco Bigfoot 2002 Hardtail

[Sep 11, 2007]
rob kuhn

Strength:

Strong and lightweight frame

Rather tall head tube

I wanted to get back to my roots (hard tail) so I thought about rebuilding my old Myata frame but we're talking 1994 circa which didn't have disc brake mounts and the headtube was setup for the 1-1/4 fork; I eventually installed a 1-1/8 reducer.

While looking for parts on eBay I stumbled on this frame for $69.00. It was new and never been built! The owner had bought it with plans to build it up but it just never happened.

I love this bike! I have the large 20" frame which is pretty large for me (I'm 5' 11") and that was a concern since my past XC bikes were in the 17 and 18 inch size.

Because it has a rather tall head tube, none of the steerer tubes on my forks were long enough. The cost to have have new steerer tubes installed averaged between $125 and $200. So I decided to just purchase a new fork (seeing as I got the frame for $69 it was rather easy for me to justify the cost to myself).

Once I got the bike built and I straddle it is when I realized at how big of bike it really was! I was concerned that it may be too big a bike for some of the technical rides.

The the other thing I noticed was how "fast" the bike accelerated as well as its excellent climbing speed! This thing takes off like a rocket and climbs like a goat! Because the frame is large (and its matched with a 130mm fork) it can take hits rather well. Thought it is large it's very nimble in the technicals. The frame is well balanced so techy areas that I used to do on my 17 inch frame I can do just as easy with this 20 incher.

As mentioned, this bike is fast. Much faster than any of my previous bikes. Long single track rides are awesome with this bike!

Myata Elevation '400

[May 17, 2003]
cory
Downhiller

Strength:

frame, rims , disk compatable,most componetnts good, excellent acceleration

shocks to weak, needed disks, parts got to loose to easy

great bike for the $ would definetly recomend needs few upgrades but they r easy to do

devinchi castus

[Oct 03, 2002]
Josh

Strength:

Best frame I've used, good rims, great acceleration.

Shifters and headset started coming loose after a few weeks, Needs better shocks. The V-brakes were good, but discs would be better.

Awesome bike for the $$. I'd rather spend a little more and get better parts standard.

[Feb 22, 2002]
Sam P

Strength:

This bike has great overall preformance. The Judy TT front shocks are perfect for your intermediate-sized ramps. From about a 6 or 7 foot drop, it absorbs plenty of shock, while you maintain control on the bike. The pedals are good, large-sized pieces of aluminum, for standing and maintaining control. The square-to-cirle style frame is extremely sturdy. The brakes are very good.
What makes this bike really stand out is the fact that it comes equipped with front and rear disc-brake compatible rhino light rims. Also the frame is front and rear disc-brake compatible, so this is something that can be upgraded. As I said, the frame is very strong, so it is the ideal bike to get to eventually upgrade to bomber shocks, and so on.
The acceleration is my favourite asset of this piece of work. It must be AT LEAST two or three times faster than my old bike. Buy the bike, for it's value and preformance.

As a lot of people are saying about the 2002 norco bigfoot, there is a major defect with the cranks. I wrecked them on my second day on the bike. Dont just replace a bit on that, but the whole thing, or you'll keep finding the same problem. It's a good thing I had a warranty on my bigfoot.

Great overall intermediate bike. I really enjoy using it for all day-to-day activities. It's light for it's size and beefyness, and really manoeverable. I reccomend it for someone who's looking into getting a hardcore bike later on, but needs to learn how to tackle those 6 or seven-footers first.

[May 28, 2007]
wut up cool

Strength:

It has a strong frame and great stock tires it is also very light and durable.

Nothen this bike the bomb.

If youre looking for a tough bike that can ride it all the Norco Big foot may be the bike for you.

Norco Kompressor

[Nov 11, 2002]
Jim Bob

Strength:

Tough Frame, good value for money, easy bike to upgrade, great rims

Judy TT screwed up after a month or 2, replaced under warrantee, hubs are cheap, are making bad noise, but they are disk ready

great entry-medium freeride bike. good specs for the cost ($818 canadian), except the rockshox judy

vps 4x4, brodie brute, specialized stumpjumper

[Nov 10, 2002]
Perry W.

Strength:

Very strong frame,strong derealure,good rims and light weight.

Popped tires 5 times,got new bottom bracket and arms [truvativ hussefelt].

this is an awesome intermediate, bike better than average great for just going around off-road.

kona nunu,norco sascwatch, Marin bobcat trail.

[Jan 08, 2002]
Mathieu Emond

Strength:

The frame and fork are amazing, holds up to 6-7 foot drops and very tuff to bottom out (never been able to)

The bottom bracket, norco made a mistake with the sizing but they were suposed to fix it. I had discovered the faulty bracket after going trough 4 pairs of cranks in 3 months.

A nice kick ass bike for trail ridding and for urban&freeride. A good purchase for all around everything.

[Sep 15, 2003]
Charlie Fitzpatrick

Strength:

good solid frame, great rims and shocks, comfortable bike to ride, solid tires, discs are very very handy

front derailer is a bit cheap and dodgy, shifters are much the same

all up solid bike for the dollar. the discs and frame and shocks are awsome but i recomend replacing the front derailer it just pisses you off. great lower to mid range bike. great for eginner to mids. can take a beating.

kona nunu, norco charger, scott aspen, avanti manic

[Jan 18, 2003]
Kevin

Strength:

Its a pretty sweet bike for the price. The 1000$ is Canadain plus I upgraded to a BomberEXR fork. I like to take drops, ride downhill and cross country on this bike. I don't find alot of time to ride, so this is a perfect bike for the price

JudyTT fork. Is a piece of sh*t so I, put on a bomber.
Cranks fell off, but they gave me free new ones.

This is a KILLER BIKE!!!!!