Mongoose Rockadile 2002 Hardtail

Rockadile

bill chaclefsky   Downhiller [Oct 08, 2002]
Strength:

strenghts? are you kidding me? there are absloutely no concievable strengths to this bike. The very first ride on it i ever took on it ended in disaster. I went donw a very easy trial, took maybe a 2-foot drop, and broke the bottom bracket. after decidedin to continue down without peddeling, i almost immidiately bent to fork hitting a rock, a small rock. Again, it was still ridabel, so i did my best to continue. Finally reaching the bottom, i attempted to stop before a road so that i wouldnt get hit. well. there were no brakes either. i got hit by the car, had thus no bike, and still had 5 miles to go back to the bottom the trail. i hate mongoose with a fiery passion! evr since they have been bough out by pacific, there stuff hyas turned to crap, just like everything pacific makes.

dont make me rant again

i think u know the bottom line

Similar Products Used: there is nothing like this bike, i'll give it that much
Chris Banks   Racer [Apr 26, 2005]
Strength:

The paint is sweet! I ride my bike really fast and everybody thinks thats cool. Sometimes when I ride fast I pretend the red paint is like flames on my bike.

THe availability. They only made a limited number and I would like to have 2 because I love it.

If you buy this you are stupid! like me!

Similar Products Used: Specialized big hit 2007. I demod it cause I am sponsered by alot of big name companies.
Brett   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2003]
Strength:

Decent bike for the money.

None so far.

I bought this bike on a whim when I spotted it at a local sports store. It stood out from all the Huffy's and Murray's it was lined up with. I was looking for an inexpensive town cruiser and commuter bike I wouldn't cry over if it got ripped off. The bike has pretty low end components, but they work fine. Don't bother upgrading. It has a good ride and the frame doesn't flex when I crank the pedals on hills. I weigh 200+. I put slicks and upgraded pedals to take toe clips. Also added gel pad to seat. I use it mostly on pavement, but have taken it on fairly smooth single tracks and fire roads and it does fine. Not a bike for crashing down hills. If you want a cheap bike, this one is fine. Very similar to the Trek 800 I had a few years back.

Similar Products Used: Trek 800, Specialized Rockhopper
Hardkore DH   Downhiller [May 06, 2002]
Strength:

WOW!!!!! An amazing dh bike for drops and downhill. I put a monster T on and i couldnt be happier. This thing is soo damn amazing and im glad i spent the 10 grand. Yesterday i hit a 25 foot drop and the plastic cranks held up fine.

Not everyone can afford one.

oooooooo! ahhhhhhhh!