K2 Bike Zed 4.0 2002 Hardtail

K2 Bike Zed 4.0 2002 Hardtail

[Aug 21, 2003]
Detrix Ho

Strength:

It is a pretty good bike for weedend worriors! Compare the price with the other bikes, it has the best parts which comes with the bike!

The weight is a little heavy. You have to do some loss weight before release the real performance of the bike.

I like this bike very much. You can find a lot of fun by riding this bike whether you ride on the road or mountain! I don't suggest for beginners.

[Sep 21, 2002]
Pete

Strength:

Great Bike, Highly recommended. Mechanically Sound Bike

Chain Broke with less than 75 miles of use. Was fixed at Dixon's Bike shop and not other problems since. The stock tires work great in the dry summers, but had to be replaced for the wet Georgia Fall and Winter.

Was worried about spending so much money for this bike after only paying $200 for my old trek 820, but to my suprise it was a great investment. This bike has great components and I love the gear changer. This is a great bike for someone wanting to take the next step and really get into Mountain Biking. This bike it too good for a weekend warrior, this bike is for someone that is going to ride nearly everyday. My bike has been riden 3-5 times a week for 6 months and has held up great. If you live in North East Georgia you should buy your K2 or Trek at Dixon's in Athens, they give free life time tune-ups.

Trek 820

[Jul 23, 2003]
Aaron Walker

Strength:

Good Solid Frame. For the money, it's a great 7005 Aluminum built. Will be a great bike for anyone who needs to grow skill-wise, but upgrade group-o

WTB seats are generally heavy- 400g. I think that the other weakness is the decision to use Tektro brakes.

Again, a great bike for the intermediate rider. It fit my needs for a respectable frame to build up. Bought one for my wife to get the skills down on and plan on building hers up as the skill level increases.

Cannondale, Trek, Gary Fisher, etc.

[Aug 13, 2003]
banda

Strength:

frame,seat,derailleurs, brakes

stock tires, the fork isn't bad but on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd give it a 7.

this is a great bike. stock tires should not be sold in the south east u.s.other tan that, i could not find a better bike after months of searching at the price. The components sold me.plus the upgradability is a plus. probably the best sub-$1000. hardtail, or mountain bike altogether sold in this country.

trek 6700, diamondback topanga

[Dec 15, 2002]
Don Bergman

Strength:

This bike came with a good component group for the price. The shifting is hell-a-smooth. The brakes are adjustable so they can be cushy or stout (I prefer stout). And who can deny the "lunar green" paint on this thing!?

Don't even sit on the WTB seat! I rode on the seat for a week straight and voted it off the island in favor of one of those good ol' nut-hole seats. Much better. (What did you expect from the stock seat anyway?)
I thought the fork should have been a little more stiff but it turns very true. It's adjustable so you can twist the little knob and stiffen or soften the shock to your liking. You can also change the oil if you prefer a different grade. Overall though, I respect the Six.
Other than those, I discovered that the seat post that came with this bike is too short for me. I'm 6'0" and I need about 50mm more in the post for the minimum insertion.

This is a great bike at a respectable price. If you need something to ride pretty often and don't want to pony up mega cash for your ride, this bike has been a pretty good solution for me. I ride mine everyday about 4 miles on the Lubbock streets and have done some pretty good trails in Cloudcroft, NM with it and have had nary a complaint about the bike.

Test rode a Lefty (just to get that freak-out feeling of looking down and only seeing half a fork!), other Cannondale bikes, Yeti, Giant, Trek, Gary Fisher. Most of these I rode just to see if I could tell a couple-hundred-dollar difference in the bikes...not so much...

[Aug 22, 2002]
Rachel

Strength:

Teriffic off-road, but quite comfortable and smooth on asphalt as well. All stock componants are fine quality. All around excellent value.

No real weaknesses. My only complaint - the bike lacks a quick-adjust seat.

I could not be more pleased with my K2 Zed 4.0. It was a phenomenal value. I rode about a dozen bikes in my search for new wheels, and nothing came close to the K2. In the short time I've had the bike, I've taken it on gravel bike paths, through forest preserves and nature trails, and out around town. It has performed wonderfully on all surfaces, and is quite comfortable on longer rides. I recommend it without reservation.

Trek, Giant

[Jun 12, 2002]
BILL

Strength:

GREAT ALL AROUND PACKAGE. COULD NOT BE BEAT FOR PRICE ,BAR NONE. PEOPLE AT CELESTIAL BIKE SHOP ARE THE MOST HELPFUL PEOPLE IN THE AREA . THANKS CHRIS AND SHERIDAN.

NONE.

THE K2 LINE SEEMS SOLID AND WORTH A LOOK. THIS IS THE BEST HARDTAIL VALUE OUT THERE. AND CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT OKC,S BEST BIKE SHOP. SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND THEY MADE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT..

SPECIALIZED , TREK , SCHWINN AND CKED OUT THE REST..

[Jun 24, 2004]
Chad

Strength:

Solid bike for beginers and light weekend warriors. Colors look cool.

I've had major problems with the shock. It bottoms out when peddling and leaks oil. Factory is trying to fix it. I find the gear shifters to be in the way of my thumbs. I would like to see disk brakes on the bike for the price. Stock seat sucks, get a new one.

Ok bike for the price and like I said above, a solid bike for beginers and light weekend warriors.

Gary Fisher, Haro, Cannadale, K2