Haro V3 2002 Hardtail

V3

nhrider90   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2009]
Strength:

nice bang for your buck, sturdy

fork and crank set

a great beginer bike, i messed up my fork the first year from jumping it. this bike was made for xc, so if thats all you do its a great bike. also the crank arm hollowed out, but i got new ones and kept them tight and havent had any problems yet.

RocKeT   Cross Country Rider [Mar 03, 2002]
Strength:

U can hardly find any other bike that is so value for money at this range. The suspenion & the rim(double wall) will already cost u $150.

Suspension is dead heavy..if u wanna race..u got to change it. Rear.D a bit inconsistent but still works reasonably well.

Honestly there is no other bike with these type of components for that price. Buy this if u are a beginner. U can grow on this bike as it is well put together and frame is pretty light. Kudos to Haro!

Similar Products Used: Giant Yukon, Jamis Durango..Aleoca Stimpen
pat hond   Racer [Feb 18, 2002]
Strength:

To be honest none

The tires are slppery
The gears shift in a uphill climb for no reason
Mud cakes on tires
Brakes wear quickly
Paint rust quicker then any other bike ive seen

This bike is a hunk of junk when I first took this bike out on the trail I got a FLAT then to make things worse the next week I was in a race and the chain broke. If you ride in mud then buy new tires! Also a huge down side to this bike is the gears will shift when your in a big climb Ive racked my nuts twice.From one rider to another avoid this at all cost!

Bikerbob Thompson   [Dec 31, 2001]
Strength:

Everything feels very solid. The brakes have amazing stopping power, and the gears change very smoothly.

The lesser travel of the front fork, and the pedals with toe clips.

A really great bike for the money. Everything works great. The componets are all good and definately a bike to consider.

Similar Products Used: GT Aggressor 1.0
Jesse   Weekend Warrior [Dec 15, 2001]
Strength:

Great brakes wet or dry.
Light
No crap components

Shifting is a little random but I probably have to adjust it.

This bike feels really good on and off road. The braking is great and allows me to stop quickly and control my speed really well. I can speed up quickly and maneuver very well. Overall, a very good feel of precision.

People who should buy this bike are beginner or moderate riders who need a very good starter bike that allows them to gain confidence and is well made.

Jim Caulfield   Weekend Warrior [Apr 15, 2003]
Strength:

Great light weight bike, rock shox fork, tru vativ crank, sun race cassette, shimano deore and acera derailleurs alix DM18 rims, eye catcher, fun to ride, shifts fast, lot of bang for the buck.

great bike for the money. The bike is very comfortable on
long rides. I'm very fussy on looks and this bike is perfect. Its fun to ride and it turns heads.

Similar Products Used: Giant boulder se
Mark   Downhiller [Apr 14, 2003]
Strength:

Great value, its components, style and feel.

None seen so far

My previous bike was stolen, (a Trek with similar components), and being self-employed in this economy, I did not want to spend the $500-600 necessary to replace it. After looking everywhere, (including at used bikes on ebay), I can tell you this is a rare find. It performs and looks like others in that price range--but costs significantly less. The cool thing about it is that in a mountain biking mecca like this (Boulder, CO) my Haro gets comments of respect from hardcore mountain bikers.

Similar Products Used: Specialized RockHopper, Trek 4900
Kamran   Weekend Warrior [Oct 03, 2002]
Strength:

Great Frame! A good line-up of components for the price I paid. Great entry level front shock

Front derailleur is a bit slow to react, but this can easily be adjusted or replaced. I also found that the seat post will swivel time to time (unless you really tighten it)

For the price I paid, I really have no complaints. This is the perfect entry-level bike for anyone who is enthusiastic about XC riding. Any other bikes with these components, surely would of cost me $450-$500 easily. Trust me I've researched.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Hardrock, Trek 4500
John   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2003]
Strength:

Good, solid bicycle. Pretty comfortable. Very good components for the price.

Gearing shifts hard and is slow to respond. I had this adjusted but there are still times that shifting SLAMS into place.

This bike hasn't been on the trails yet...but it has ridden well on the road and is comfortable for longer rides. Excellent entry level bike...I have no real complaints. I wanted a well priced bicycle to ride to work and occassionally on the trails and this is the bike I picked. Probably the best bang for your buck at this price range (and even a bit higher!). I did a lot of research before I bought this bike and I found this to be the best value I came across.