Haro ICS 5.0 2002 Hardtail

ICS 5.0

Terry Stroble   Weekend Warrior [Nov 24, 2003]
Strength:

Great combination of components for the money.

Stock tires were not agressive enough for my area. Had problems with stock LX chainlinks binding on steep climbs.

I looked around my area and tested alot of different bikes but couldn't find anything comparible without spending a few hundred more dollars. Good mid level hardtail you could race on weekends.

Similar Products Used: Trek Diamondback
LIN   [Aug 28, 2003]
Strength:

shimano LX group. The frame is weighty but makes for a really smooth ride.

This bike is well worth the money if you can get it for less than $800. It is a great bike and would recommend it to anyone.

Similar Products Used: Cdale f900sl <---sucked
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2003]
Strength:

Solid, comfortable ride

Great bike...great price...great components...Shimano LX all the way around...can't beat it...

Similar Products Used: Voodoo, Fisher, Trek
Gustavo Badillo   Cross Country Rider [Mar 28, 2003]
Strength:

Full LX Components, Duke XC Fork, Shimano Total Integration

(1) The Fork is not 100mm, and (2) I dont like the tires they ride fast but are not appropiate for my average ride.

I really liked the "Pure shimano guts" feature of this bike, I've had a Yokota for 10 years with XT components, no complaint so far, the Shimano Total Integration is what drove me to purchase the ICS.

I've liked the bike handling, and altought it's not as light as I would want I think it's an excellent package, having LX all the way is great! assures you a long life for the components! 700? Not a steal, but still a great deal

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F500
Darick S.   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2003]
Strength:

Good fork,good LX components. A great looking bike. This bike tracks very good up steep climbs, with no front wheele float.

The seat is a little wide.

A great bike for the money.I would recomend this bike to my friends. The first time I rode this bike I finished third place in a local xc race. Get one and ride!!!

Similar Products Used: A gary Fisher, and a Voodoo.
Dan   Cross Country Rider [Jan 28, 2003]
Strength:

Tracks great, 25 mph hip width singletrack - got off line by 1 tire width (doesn't sound bad but it was) found my way back on line before I crashed. Old bike would have faceplanted me.

Pinchflats, Use to rear shock, 8 flats in less than 1 month, still have to figure this 100 mm Duke shock out.

love it, buy it, ride it hard and fast

Similar Products Used: 99 Jamis Dakar Sport
Vytenis   [May 28, 2002]
Strength:

Solid; Great shifting; Awesome front shock (Duke XC). Very comfortable frame (I have 19.5" frame and I am 6'3").

It is a hard tail. Need a seatpost shock for extended rides :-)

Inetgrated stuff seems to work really well (the only non-LX components are Deore brake pads). Used it in an adventure race - it simply rocked. Also did some technical trails - it handled really well. One might need to get different tires if using for muddy conditions.