Haro ICS 4.0 2002 Hardtail

ICS 4.0

Michael Junk   Weekend Warrior [Jun 19, 2003]
Strength:

Front suspension and weight, easy to handle and great comps!

Stock tires and wheels were not worthy of my riding.

This was my first actually MTB of my own. You could almost say it was an emotional experience when i signed the check over. I could be more pleased. I have only riden a few other bikes, most being trek, and by far the haro puts them to shame. I have even recently gotten my mother to try my baby out, and beleive it or not it think she may be hooked. This is a fun bike and with a reasonable price, even though im sure I paid more than I shoudl have. Nevertheless i have nothing but good to say about the ICS 4.0!

Similar Products Used: Trek 6700 and trek 8000
James Smith   Racer [Oct 16, 2002]
Strength:

cheap price,good shimano deore components,good colors,good WTB parts,stiff rear end with a plush front end

seat post clamp strips easily

the WTB Nanoraptor tires are the best they grip well in all conditions except really, really sandy spots.the WTB grips last a long time{im still using the stock wtb grips}i gone almost 3 seasons without changing either the tires or grips.the deore gearing is superior it is the best gearing ive felt on a bike yet.If your a beginner or a experienced racer this is the bike for you.unless you race downhill.

Similar Products Used: 2001 haro werks xc
Matt   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2004]
Strength:

The Shimano Deore Group is great.Good overall performance on and off road.WTB Primal Raptors.

The Judy TT fork could use an upgrade.It's bouncy when pedalling.The seat is a bit rough..

This was my first real bike.I researched alot on the web.
the Deore package and a few reviews in a couple magazines sold me...I have the champagne color w/ black.I love it..Form and function all in one.A great bike for the cross country rider on a budget,not for any serious drop offs.Lots of bang for the buck.I have over 2500 miles on it and going.I plan to have it for a long time.Upgrade the fork and maybe new seat,a little maintanence,and will last a long time

Pete   Weekend Warrior [Nov 16, 2002]
Strength:

Solid Frame, Full Deore group.

Stock tires (Nonoraptors)are pretty wimpy for offroad.

Great deal for an intro bike. I'm basically a road rider and decided to get a new MTB for some riding variety. I was looking for a solid ride that looked and felt different from everything else in my price range. The frame is responsive and comfortable. I am upgrading some of the parts for fun, but right out of the store I loved this ride. This bike is for a new rider, but the bike can grow with you by upgrading. Solid value that can grow with the rider.

Similar Products Used: None
Alan   Weekend Warrior [Dec 28, 2002]
Strength:

Deore Package, Shimano cranks and cassette, Shimano clipless pedals

None so far

This is a great bike for the money. This bike was on sale and normally retailed for $749. I shopped around for almost four months before deciding to buy this bike. I looked at the Diamond Back Topanga Comp, Gary Fisher Tassajara, Specialized Rockhopper and the Raleigh M80. They were all nice bikes but none of them compared to the Haro. This bike has twice the components of the others at a comparable price. So far I have no complaints about my purchase except that I had a flat the second time I rode it. I wouldn't complain except that I was on pavement and bairly hit a curb! I will say ditch the Haro bikes chainstay and get a lizard skin. I have a few scratches on the bike thanks to this mistake. If you are in the Fayetteville/Rogers area and need a bike look up Jack at Ozark Bike Shop; he really knows his stuff. If you are looking for a quality trail bike and don't want to pay for a brand name like Trek or Specialized, look at a Haro, you won't be dissapointed. It is like Jack said, all frames these days have a lifetime warranty anyway so what does Cannondale have the Haro doesn't besides a name. Save all the Cannondales for the spoiled rich kids that need a bike to ride to the grocery store and back.

Similar Products Used: This is my first real mountain bike. The only other bikes I have ridden have been Wal-Mart specials.
Bob   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 2002]
Strength:

Nice component package, smooth performance, handles terrain well.

O-ring under handlebars keeps popping off.

I love this bike. The nicer component package (Deore throughout) went a long way toward convincing me to buy this bike, but the bottom line was how nice it rode when I demo'd it. The frame is nice enough to upgrade, but you don't need to upgrade to get a great deal of performance and riding pleasure from this bike. It has taken on everything I've tried to do on it with no complaints, and is a great ride. This bike is great for riders just getting started who want a bike good enough to grow with, or for better riders riders looking to get some good bang for their buck. I love it!

mike t   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2002]
Strength:

complete shimano deore component package
nice color
geometry fits me PERFECTLY
upgrade worthy frame

fork (Judy TT)
rims arent so hot (alex dm18)
tires dont grip so well in loose stuff

i was looking for a decent entry level bike and was considering a trek 4500 or a 4900 but the guys at the bike shop i was at took great care of me and gave me a real good deal (i paid $525 for a $700 bike). the only real major draw back to this bike i can find is that the judy tt fork that comes on it is not the greatest thing in the world, but overall i couldnt be happier with my bike especially since i got a frame that can be upgraded as i become a better rider. buy this bike if you are looking for an all mountian hardtail that will give you the same frame as haro's top of the line hardtail with a much more wallet friendly price tag.