Diamondback Topanga Comp 2002 Hardtail

Topanga Comp

donnie   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2002]
Strength:

strong aluminum frame,decent components for the price

a little heavy

i think this is a very good bike for the money and the components it comes with.i do not feel this is a good racing bike because of weight but is a good trail rider.

Similar Products Used: schwinn mesa gs
Don   Racer [Feb 11, 2002]
Strength:

Good components for a fair price

Very unatractive paint job & Decals

I'm not used to riding bikes under $2,000, but I needed this one for a temporary bike until I can afford a new one. I bought this one because I figured it didn't have a good chance of getting stolen due to its ugliness. This bike is the most disgusting thing i ever seen. very very ugly. the only reason why i bought it was because my DECENT Specialized S-Works FSR was ripped off by the MLC Bloods.

Similar Products Used: none
Todd   Weekend Warrior [Feb 07, 2002]
Strength:

I like the fact that the Topanga Comp is setup up with Deore components.

None...

Great bike at a decent retail cost. I work in a bike shop and got cost of 48%. Simple upgrade to LX components, and a 100mm travel shock and you almost have yourself a D-back Apex that retails for alomsot $899. The Topanga Comp is worth the extra bones than buying the Topanga. Great bike for "sport" riding.

Similar Products Used: Diamondback Response (lower)
Joe   Cross Country Rider [Oct 03, 2002]
Strength:

price

little heavy

I think that it is good deal for what your getting. With a few upgrades it performs nicely. Weight is not a super big deal to me, but that's me. The price was right for upgrading to good components and still being cheep. I like how the bike handles on trails and it climbs well. If you can get it for 400 or under I think it is well worth it. It seems to perform like most of the 500-600 dollar bikes with similar components but this bike is cheaper so the upgrade that all the bikes at this price pont need don't drive the overall cost up to much.

Similar Products Used: test rode many bikes before I bought this one
Chris   [Mar 30, 2005]
Strength:

Everything, I put this bike through hell and it kept coming back for more.

Not too much really, crappy basic components like pedals.

I treated this bike like an urban assualt bike and it took the beating as did the Judy C fork which is actually pretty rugged. I would buy this bike again, but I wouldn't put it through the same torture.

Patrick   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2003]
Strength:

Great price,good components for the price.

Kinda heavy,the front shock sucks,very drab paint.

This was a great step up from what I was used to.I try to get out and hit some local mnt trails and so far this bike hasn't let me down.Now with the new front fork I can't wait to get back out there.I really like the components for the price except for the Judy fork.Change it out and you'll really see a difference.This is a great beginner or intermediate bike(not for racing).

Similar Products Used: This was my first suspension fork bike.I used to ride a Diamondback Topanga that I bought in 94.
Derek   Cross Country Rider [Sep 15, 2002]
Strength:

Good components for price, love the tires

A bit heavy, don't race with this thing, fork could definetly be better

Great bike for the price. It is alittle bit heavy but you don't have to race so its not an issue. It makes for a cool trail bike. I got a set of Kenda Klawz for tires with this bike and they rule. The frame is strong but the seatpost comes loose after longer rides. I'd recomend this bike for a beginner or intermediate but don't race on it, you won't last. Good bike