Diamondback Apex 2002 Hardtail

Diamondback Apex 2002 Hardtail

[Nov 08, 2002]
Will Campbell

Strength:

Indestructable Solid confidence inspiring frame

Haven't found one, perhaps a little heavy

This bike rocks. I can push it soooo far without it biteing back. With 4" up front, and the resulting tall bottom bracket, it becomes the ultimate point and shoot bike. It is acceptably light at 25.5 lbs, however I know it won't break. I think the frame is a good starting point for an up and coming racer, it is agile, climbs well, and doesn't have any bad traits. It is very easy to ride, and doesn't require all of your attention to keep the rubber side down. The '03 frame looks even better than the '02, it will feature an Easton tubeset. The '03 Axis frame is even better. This bike is for anyone who wants a no hassels bike for a good price!

My other mountain bike is a custom built Action-Tec Framewerks Scandium, complete bike with full knobbies, 19.5 lbs. Need I say more

[Aug 10, 2002]
Charles

Strength:

Lightweight, great frame, shocks, wheels and traction

clearance, front derailleur

this is a great buy that leaves rooms for upgrades without putting you over the limit on the bottom price.

mongoose hardluck

[Jan 31, 2003]
Jonathan

Strength:

Solid frame- great geometry, Good component package, competitive shock (Duke 80mm), decent pedals.

None yet

For the value, I think this is one of the best deals on the market. The stock components are comperable to $1200 bikes, the frame gemoetry is strong yet forgiving, and the ride is killer. Great bang for your buck.

Trek, Specialized

[Sep 20, 2002]
Chris

Strength:

Strong frame. Light weight. It has very good control through technical sections. Great components for the price. I love the air fork

Low clearance. Chain broke on me in less than a week. Most likely my fault.

I haven't seen a bike with this level of performance at such a such a low price. I am relatively new to the sport, but I know a few people who race and they can't beleive the deal I got. If you are just getting into it and you have the money, you won't regret choosing this bike

2000 K2 Gamma 3.0