Dean USA Scout 2002 Hardtail

Luke   [Jul 12, 2002]
Strength:

This is the best handling bike/frame I've ever ridden. The ti soaks up trail chatter. It's light, fast, it climbs well...it does everything a bike should do well. The welds are excellent and it looks beautiful :)

I've put about 50 hard miles on it so far and I'm already in love. There is something to be said for finishing a long ride and not feeling fatigued in the slightest...my aluminum bike would leave me feeling sore; the smooth ride of the Scout does not give me 'sore butt' in the slightest. The bike handles much better than my previous rigs. It gives me more confidence and I ride much better on it - not to mention faster.

When you call DEAN, you get a real person on the phone who actually knows the product. Very cool. John and Pete are great! :)

For the money, there are no other titanium rides to consider. Just buy one! You'll thank me later.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F800, Trek 7000
Kevin Regan   Cross Country Rider [Jan 11, 2003]
Strength:

Great climbing bike, very light,handles great on single track.Anybody can ride this bike and enjoy it.

After over 4 years of use, none that I can think of.

Bottom line is this, I ride full suspension Bike's, I ride aluminum bike's, and I have ridden steel bike's, but when I race or ride for more than 2 hours there is nothing that compares with this bike.When I ride with guy's that have the big duell susp. bikes and they say; as we are going up hill " wait till we hit the downhill" , I love to say to them when they finally catch up with me at the bottom of the hill "what took you so long" thier response is always,I never saw anybody ride a hard tail down hill that fast,I love this bike and after over 4 years of use it rides like the day I bought it. TI is for life.

Similar Products Used: I have a Santa Cruz full suspensin bike I enjoy to ride over the rocky trails, but overall riding prefer the Dean.
chris   Racer [Apr 27, 2002]
Strength:

light, ti, little flex, and everything else

the long wait

this is a really nice bike i like the ti b/c it seams that it is a softtail. the only thing is that i didnt like was the long wait(3 months).