Raceline Extreme Expert 2002 Full Suspension

Raceline Extreme Expert 2002 Full Suspension

[Jan 07, 2002]
nik
Downhiller

Strength:

awsome spec for the money, not to heavy , 5.5 inches og travel in the back, which isn't bad for a semi XC bike, peddles well, no bob.

a little heavy for XC, a little light for FR/DH, the Judy XCs are a little scetchy on the corners

this bike is a bit of an all rounder, it can do up to about 6 foot drops, and it can climb well, but its sure not a race bike. exellent firsr dualy/bike, for the money no competition.

first dually

[Dec 15, 2002]
ian

Strength:

Frame set up ,weight, running gear all XT, value for money

rear shock, skinny tyres(but light for X country)

As good as it's equivalent in Specialised and for half the price. Shockers need upgrade from factory shock if doing any downhill work.
Sweet to ride with a very light front end

Specialised, Parkpre, Diamond back

[Sep 25, 2002]
Paul Barton

Strength:

Rugged frame, XT/LX Componentry, Fox Float RL rear shock

Judy XC front suspension. It could do with a better fork to match the rest of the product.

Excellent quality. A great ride. I would recommend this bike to anyone looking in the dual suspension market.

None. I do own a Norco Hardtail

[Mar 02, 2003]
jason

Strength:

good gears, and looks good. Hydraulic Disc brakes are awesome.

raceline. seemed to be smooth and handle pretty well, until on 3rd ride went to put back in car and frame was bent between suspension and seat post. Of course raceline told me it was rider error, figure that one out, they did offer me a cheaper frame?. so would have to say weakness of frame.

great bike if you dont mind replacing frame every month. buy something stronger

k2 animal. seemed heaps better as i didnt bend it at least. Raceline did pedal heaps better and less bob.

[Jul 10, 2002]
Elliot Rien

Strength:

Good component selection for the price.
Smooth action from 4 bar linkage design.

A little on the hefty side for a "XC Dual Suspension Bike" 30 pounds (approx)
Cable routing scratched paint off frame as suspension pivots.
Supplied pedals have NO mud clearance.
Not available in polished aluminiun :-)

This is a really cool all round bike for the money (at least in Australia it is - I got it at $1000 off - rrp $3200) I don't race XC so the weight does not worry me that much. The sus is smooooth, the components are good (full LX, rear XT and Avid Mech Disco's with Judy XC's up frount).
I can ride trails so much faster on full sus than my old hardtail, I can even climb better!
Any one who isn't racing XC - go full sus
As this is my first full sus, I give it 4 flamin' thingos, it is on another level to any hardtail I have ridden (for my style of ridding) and feels allot better than the unified rear triangle bike (Warp) I have ridden.

First full sus bike, although have ridden a Giant DS Warp 3 and heaps of hardtails