Lenz Sport Revelation Elite 2002 Full Suspension

Lenz Sport Revelation Elite 2002 Full Suspension

[Jan 04, 2004]
Lee

Strength:

Fast, light, custom made for Rohloff Hub

Short Travel

This is a great bike. Mine has custom dropouts for a Rohloff speedhub. The complete bike weighs 27lbs which is light for a bike with the speedhub. Everything works well together and the best part is no more derailleurs.

The ride is smooth and the steering is precise. I used to fall all the time and since i started riding this bike, I have not had a spill.

The only negative is the amount of rear suspension. Realistically, you get two inches of travel. This is somewhat less than the travel on some other race bikes. But for Oklahoma, there is plenty of travel and as this was designed as a race bike, one should not expect or need much more.

Santa Cruz Superlight, GT i-drive

[Jul 23, 2002]
Brian Foley

Strength:

Great paint, nice welds, nice box rear section, unknown brand makes it unique, climbs well

Cheesy logos, unknown brand - people think it's a cheap walmart bike, bike still bobs on climbs, weak looking seat stays

I brought this bike from my local dealer who convinced me that this is a great bike. My bike completely built up is 28lbs. It climbs decently and is pretty light weight. Well it is a nice bike but the downside I have is that the logos are cheesy and appears to be made by an 8th grader and that no one has even heard of Lenzsport. Lenz is not well known like other mainstream brands: fisher, trek, specialized. This be can good or bad. Bad in my case because some guy on the trail asked me why I modified a no name brand bike with a Fox rear lockout shock - And I am not kidding.
The bike bobs a little when climbing but then that is why there is a lockout switch. I paid $1500 for the frame only and for that price I would have expected a great great bike. It's a good bike but not great. I give it a good rating.

Ellsworth ID, Kona Bear

[Apr 11, 2002]
Rene' Quihuiz

Strength:

Sweet ride! So sturdy, yet so killer lightweight. Handmade in Colorado, USA.

I want to spend all my time with the beautiful revelation and my wife is jealous.

What do you expect when you purchase a cross country racing full-suspension frame from a genius world-class downhill frame builder? Lenz Rules. This bike is so fast! Climbing rocky terrain is almost unfair to the competition. Descending on the Revelation is a treat rarely experienced on other bikes.
This bike is so fast! Maybe it is the bike's rock-solid tracking abilities, or it's never changing chain length. All I know is, if you truly want to win pro-level cross-country competition, or enjoy the occasional epic journey, this is your machine.

Trek Fuel, Fisher Genesis, AMP, Schwinn Rocket, Mongoose & Kona (hardtail)