Lenz Sport Alpine Brawler FR Elite 2002 Full Suspension

Alpine Brawler FR Elite

Erick Morningstar   Downhiller [Dec 27, 2001]
Strength:

Everything about my Lenzsport Brawler is awsome. Its greatest strengths are unveiled on steep, rocky, technical downhill trails. However I also enjoy riding mine on long freerides that include climbing. It also jumps as stable as a 250 moto due to the roomy cockpit. You can whip it all over the place in the air since the frame weighs like a little over 7 lbs. Basically this bike can do anything. No further comments.

There are absolutly no weaknesses about this machine. But if you want a XC racer, ofcourse get the Lenzsport revalation instead.

Get one if your a hardcore freerider, not a base jumper who uses a bicycle instead of a parachute.

Similar Products Used: Lenzsport Pro Descender DH, Lenzsport Revalation XC, Lenzsport Bouldevour, Kona stab, Specialized FSR DH.
Azmi Zack   Racer [Apr 16, 2004]
Strength:

Plush travel !!! Feels like a full blown DH rig. Excellent climber and an even better descender.

Rear end feels flexy.

I was utterly suprised when I can actually climb with this bike because I'm running single chainring. It climb better than most full suspensions I've tried. And talking about power transfer !!! this bike leave the rest of the full suspensions in the dirt. The concentrilink really work wonders. Yet to try a COVE HOOKER SL bike to see if it will matched-up. Anybody looking for a jack-of-all-trade bike should not be looking any further, the ALPINE is GOD's sled.

Similar Products Used: Some other 4-bar linkages, URTs and single pivots.
Grande   Downhiller [Sep 01, 2002]
Strength:

Just the looks of this bike say "bad-ass" - the monocoque front section, beefy swingarm, it all looks damn good. The design of this baby is perfect, cosmetically and design wise. This bike feels like it has eight inches of travel compared to the other six-inch travel bikes i've tried. It has a progressive spring rate from the linkage, so it doesn't bottom out off huge stuff, but still absorbs stutter-bumps and makes bumpy terrain feel like pavement. The ride-height/head angle adjustability is perfect for what I do. In about 10 minutes, I can change a low-bb, slack head-angle, downhill (or DS) speed demon into a high-bb, steep(ish) head-angle freeride, urban, or DJ rig. This bike can do anything, and I bet it'd climb okay for a 6-inch travel rig, and it can take a front derailleur! A very versatile freeride (whatever that may mean) or light/medium downhill rig. Oh, also, this thing makes anybody look pro. The cockpit room just makes you sit with that "look at me, I'm hadcore" posture when going from point a to point b. Speaking of cockpit, it's the perfect size for doing basically anything, and long enough for me not to smack my knees on my top crown. And, the frame is light enough to crate a sub-40lb DH rig if ya want to. Did i mention this thing looks trick?

Well i'm an idiot, so I accidentally put a 27.0 seatpost and just run my seatpost clamp extra tight... so my one complaint is that it's hard to get 27.0 seatposts. Oh, yeah, an actual complaint: interrupted seat tube means that it's impossible to raise the seat for steep climbs, but i'm usually out of the seat for that (single front chainring).

This bike is perfect for someone who wants a light freeride bike that they can downhill every now and then. Very versatile, as far as the extreme genres of the sport are concerned. Great design, attention to detail, etc. not the best climber.....

I'd buy it again.

Similar Products Used: Marin B-17, Cannondale super-v 4000, Santa cruz bullit 6", specialized BigHit, Trek Bruiser (my hardtail)