KHS Fetish 2002 Full Suspension

Fetish

Charles   Weekend Warrior [Jan 17, 2012]
Strength:

Heavy Duty Frame, Takes 3 inch tires in back, and Ive actually got a 4 inch on the front, Nice shock for a big guy, Price is reasonable for a DH bike, the 4 piston brakes are about the best Ive seen for a bicycle. I can control this bike on the steepest and rockyest of trails.

Needs new chain guide, stock chain guide is weak, the front sprocket should be chainged out too. Solid axle hubs make the bike a lot stiffer, the quick release hubs that come with it are a bad idea for a DH bike. The way mine is configured it weighs over 50 lbs.

I have been riding this bike for over 10 years now, and it has served me very well. I have upgraded many of the components, but after 10 years of service that is to be expected. I still have fun every time I take it out, and with regular waxing the paint still looks great after 10 years, No chips like some of the other users complained about, but I must have 20 coats of wax on it. I ride it on the trails, I ride it on the street, I even ride it in the skate park, and people are always fascinated by this big cool bike.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz
porschejon   Downhiller [Jun 24, 2010]
Strength:

value

rear shock replaced by khs. larger rotors installed. lost stock rear break pressure at kamikaze. had to pump the lever when stopped to get back workin.

be sure u have a mechanic to dial in.

takes 30 ft downhill jumps with 3 to 4 seconds of hang x.

Similar Products Used: 95 s works
gmoneymarshall   Weekend Warrior [Jul 02, 2009]
Strength:

the frame is killer on my bike i love it now that i have one i can ride any thing but mine LOVE IT

o

i am vry hard on this bike and it loves every minute of it .

Similar Products Used: nuthan like it love it
pulidof4i   Downhiller [Aug 27, 2008]
Strength:

Pretty Strong frame.

DNM Fork, rear derail

The bike has done me good so far. It's my first downhill and I got it pretty cheap on craigs. I have not taken it on any serious drops higher than 3' but it goes through rock gardens very well. I'm also able to keep up with my friend on his Foes Mono. So for the price.... I'm pretty satisfied. I sure wouldn't pay 2g's for it. 5 to 7 bills is a good deal for this bike. If you find one under a grand take it. Especially if it has good components.

Similar Products Used: Kona Stinky, Kona Stab, V10, etc..
james   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2008]
Strength:

my back brakes lol

the linkage system

it is okay for dh but horible if it eaven touches cement the back shocl locky up wen it hit cement

Similar Products Used: wat do you mean..?
tommy   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2002]
Strength:

everything so far, i cant find anything wrond w/ it. it has handled everything i have done well.

nothing so far

great bike so far, looks great, awesome shocks/brakes components, plush handles drops jumps and bridges good (great)everyone that has wridden it has liked it a real lot

Similar Products Used: haro x-3, rocky mt. rm6,
owen raybould   Downhiller [Oct 01, 2002]
Strength:

cranks, rims, power tool are good and cheap, DNM in front,

well...(ha ha), there are so many i dont even no where to start, i broke the rear shock in a month, then i broke the frame, the seat post sucks, the tries have thin side walls so u get pinch flats easyly, rear delalior broke soon, grips wear fast, shifter broke, housing for shifter cable brakes easyly, roller system rubs, weight

it is cheap for a DH bike, you have to change rear shock fast, it is a little to heavy, good for your bigginer DH bike. why would you put lock out on a DH bike, all those things i have broken and i am less than 120 pounds, so if u are big, dont get this bike. KHS needs to back to its blue prints and find out how to get the rear shock to work

Similar Products Used: ones u should buy instead of this bike, bulit, Big hit, Joker, orange, M1, anything really (cosco bike).
Aron   Downhiller [Oct 16, 2002]
Strength:

solid frame

original components.

if you buy it stock expect to break parts ALOT.
i bought the frame and front shocks and custom built the rest of the bike up. The Only problem i'm having is with the front shocks bottoming out when i drop more than 6 feet to flat. The Frame is solid the bike handles drops, and DH courses with ease, i've done 8 feet to flat, 12 to tranny with it several times with 0 problems, if you do buy the bike stock and dont atleast replace the rear shock expect to hurt yourself *see post below* there is nothing wrong with this bike besides a bit of weight mine weighs in at 46.7 pds i'm 180 pounds it doesn't bother me at all, i like this bike so much i'm paying another couple grand just to put some Monster T's on it. I would recommend buying this bike ONLY if you plan on building it from frame up, or your gonna piss around breaking all of it's stock peices like the people below.

Similar Products Used: K2 Disco Monkey, Bullit, gemini, bighit etc.
TIM Smith   Weekend Warrior [Oct 16, 2002]
Strength:

NOPE

ummm.... the cranks, the chainguide,and crappy deor derallier

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME I WOULD GET A GOOD BIKE

ANTI KHS 4 LIFE

Similar Products Used: everything
dont know where to start.
the frame sucks. it is way to heavy
the front shock is a no name , they could have easly put a jr. t on it at least
the back shock blows in about 3 hours (lock out) why would u put that on a "dh bike"
ALL THE COMPONENTS EXEPT FOR THE CRANKS SUCK
POWER TOOLS IS KHS'S WAY OF SAVING MONEY SINCE THEY MAKE THEIR OWN COMPONENTS, THEY ALL SUCK.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE. O AND ONE MORE THING----- THE FRAME CATCHES UR NUTS EVERY TIME U GO OVER. DAMN IT SUCKS
Indian chopper boy   Weekend Warrior [Dec 12, 2003]
Strength:

Great Value, pretty much ready to ride out of the box. The components are fair, and will last for a while if taken care of.

The damn Seat! The first thing I did was replace it with a Love Seat.

For an old, (FAT), BMX guy, this is the perfect bike to start having fun on the trails again. After Romic re-valved and added an 850 spring to the shock, this thing was ready to rip. The DNM fork is great, however I will be having that re-valved, too. The greatest testimony to this bike is that I am 6'6", 320lbs (hey, I haven't ridden in a while!), and there is minimal flex anywhere. I did a few little jumps on the first ride, and the bike performed awsome. If you buy one, just totally go over it before you ride. Tighten every bolt, adjust everything, and make sure your suspension is set up properly. Kudos to KHS and Romic for making a bike that holds up my old, fat ass.

Similar Products Used: Kos Kruiser, SE OM Flyer, Redline PL24, Cannondale V700.