K2 Bike Attack 3.0 2002 Full Suspension

Mark munsey   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 2011]
Strength:

i dont ride this bike i got a new one i paid a good amount for a great bike this is for sale if anyone replies ill will answer 400.00 and its sold

Similar Products Used: .
Lucas Jura   Cross Country Rider [Jan 22, 2002]
Strength:

I purchased this bike in 2000. This bike is affordable and offers decent compononents for a NON-SERIOUS RIDER. Great bike for moderately difficult trails, but the soft suspension makes it a pain for heavy riders. This is really more of a comfort bike than a mountain bike. It does shift nice, but expect to brake parts if you really ride. This bike is what got me into cycling.

This was my first bike and now I am a roadie. Since I purchased the bike I've broken the stock pedals off and cracked the frame at the chainstay...real nice. Despite the frame warranty I traded it in for a new frame and got more for it than it's worth. I've learned that I hate SRAM deraillieur and shifters.

Good bike for comfortable trail riding but not a good bike for serious offroading, definitely not a crosscountry bike or freeride bike.

Similar Products Used: Specialized M4, Gary Fisher, Cannondale
Greg Thomas   Downhiller [Jul 18, 2002]
Strength:

Very strong framewith a good suspension setup. This is my first FS bike and its been better than I would have thought seeing as this bike came as an extra with my Nissan Xterra. I already had a Gary Fisher Tassajara and didn't think the bike coming with the Xterra would top it but I was pleasantly surprised :)

None that I've noticed as of yet

One kick @$$ bike for the money (even though I basically got it free you can pick it up online for like 750 on sale and 1,000 regular price) The suspension setup is wonderful and this thing just flies downhill. Great bike I recommend anyone wanting a FS bike without wanting to chunk out 3 grand and an organ for a Gary Fisher Sugar or other high priced FS bike give this one a test ride! Its great for beginners to moderate riders but I think eventually I will have to move up to a bike with slightly better components and that can take a beating

Michael Allen   Weekend Warrior [Sep 11, 2002]
Strength:

Tough as nails, rides like a benz for the price of a vw.

the rear shock dampening screw was missing when i got the bike.

great cross country bike for the price. can handle rough downhill descents with no problem. buy one and you'll know what i am talking about. looks cool too

Similar Products Used: diamondback xsl
Stinkmonkey   Weekend Warrior [Jul 21, 2003]
Strength:

Great frame, mid level components, well designed suspension.

Mangled the rear WTB rim off a 3 foot drop - possibly due to my poor landing. I changed to a new Sun Rhynolite wheelset, no problems. This bike has no major weakness when compared to other mid level rides.

This bike was an excellent value, especially since I was able to find a close-out. Compared to others in it's price range it came with a pretty decent list of components. This was my first full suspension bike and I am very satisfied with it's performance so far. K2's warranty covers the frame for 5 years, so you can up grade components as you go. Very dependable.

Similar Products Used: old hard tails.
John Bradley   Cross Country Rider [May 02, 2002]
Strength:

Lightweight, wide gear selection, smooth ride

getting used to the gear shifters

Picked up the bike as an optional accessory when I bought a 2002 Nissan Xterra - World Champion edition. Came delivered partially assembled [req. handlebar and pedal assembly]. Much to my surprise, the bike offered a very smooth ride on the street and trails. Not a bike for the pro mountaineer, though. The World Championship Edition option cost me $385 which included 4 seat covers, Yakima bike rack and the K2 Attack 3.0 bike. What a deal! My wife got the vehicle and I got the bike. I drove the Xterra and I think I got the better deal [bike ride was smoother than the Xterra ride].
If you are looking for a lightweight bike for street and well traveled trails this bike may be for you. If you are looking at the Nissan Xterra then you can't go wrong for the price.

Similar Products Used: Fuji, Bianchi
Jerry   Racer [Jun 24, 2002]
Strength:

Lightweight for the $$$. Geometry! Adjustability of Noleen shock.

I haven't found one yet.

This is my second year of racing and I decided to try a FS bike this year. Everything I heard about FS bikes made me expect that at 190#'s this bike would feel real soft and "squishy". WRONG! For the big climbs I can take out all the damping of the Noleen rear shock and put some back in as I start down. But, then I tried just climbing with a little more than half the damping out. The "Bob" did'nt bother me at all and I was ready to fly downhill! In my last race, the bike kept catching other racers down hill so I will give it 5 for ride and speed, it didn't make me any faster uphill but it didn't make me any slower either so only a 3 for climbing. I have less than $1000 in it, so 5 for value aw heck I'll give it a five overall!!! I can't imagine a better FS bike, I dig this thing!

Similar Products Used: First full suspension bike. Other bike is a specialized stumpy hardtail.
carlos del castillo   Cross Country Rider [Oct 07, 2006]
Strength:

great xc bike, lightwieght, yetr strong enough to take hits with 225lbs on it, fast, good componentry

bolts loosen up a lot very quickly

amazing bike for the price ony problem with it is tha it is old and the hubs arent disk ready, for any person who is actually going to mountain but doesnt have muc money i think this is the best bike to get. get some mechanical disks with $70 rims and you good to go