Haro Werks XLS 2.0 2002 Full Suspension

ivan harris   Cross Country Rider [Feb 06, 2002]
Strength:

price,paint and sticker clear coat,came with a good fork .a duke sl.haro a company thats still going strong,i hope!

setting up rear shock (sid xc)I 150 pound,set positive at 135,negative at 130.that seemed to keep the shock firm but still active.

now that I figure shock out,the ride has firmed up .The bike rides up hills and on the flats with out bobing as much.Which is veay little.great all around bike.People at haro were very nice when i called them about rear shock.

Similar Products Used: none
nick bass   Cross Country Rider [Jul 17, 2002]
Strength:

simple effective rear suspension, price , lightweight, dukes are solid and work great, looks awsome nice paint,

setting up rear shock is tricky but once set up u never need to touch it again

great bike for cross country or just jumping off crap in the hood, no complaints here

Similar Products Used: sugar 2, sugar 3+
cary mckinney   Cross Country Rider [Nov 07, 2002]
Strength:

handles nice, fast downhill, feels very close to superlight.

no lockout on rear shock (there for 03'). tires suck.

sold my superlight, and was waiting for my heckler to come in (a while). in the meantime due to financial difficulties, I couldn't afford to build the heckler when I got it. I work in a shop and we only carry Haro bmx bikes not the mountain bikes. I called them cause it was a very similar bike to the superlight and they had it on closeout. I paid about the same for this bike that I would have for the heckler frame (but you can't ride a frame to work).

Anyway I was stoked. I was kinda worried at first but this thing I hate to say rides so similar to my superlight I can barely tell the diff. I miss the lockout on the rear shock but you don't need it offroad, just my commute to work. unlike Ivan I saw it clearly stated in the catalog and didn't wait 3 months to complain to haro about it. (i am puzzeled by that guy also)

the tires are lame but are easily and cheaply changed, just a bad spec. other than that, and the stuff i changed purely to drop weight or just prsonal prefrance. this bike has done awesome for a taiwanese knockoff. If you really like the santa cruz but don't have the dinero, you really can't go wrong. the 03' bike has the lockout all the way down to the lowest model.

Similar Products Used: Superlight, fuel, giant NRS, schwinn rocket 88
ivan harris   Cross Country Rider [Dec 29, 2001]
Strength:

price,haro rep.

setting up rear shock.no
manual on how to service bearing in main pivot.web site could be more detailed.seem heavyer than claimed

so far,so good. bike seem to work great,stiff in rear shock area. great paint and stickers,clear coated.bike was same spec.as stated in catlog.

Similar Products Used: none.first monkey motion bike
ivan harris   Cross Country Rider [Nov 13, 2002]
Strength:

same as my other reviews

no lockout!!!

mr.vike hows your chat room going. do you live in a city,or is HARO city your home town! Have you look at the 2003 catalog ? Notice that 2003 xls has a fox lockout rear shock. What do you know ! Someone at Haro got it right this year! Check with Haro on your warranty ,As I was told that hardtail have 5 years,f/s have 2 year. In closing THANKS for the info. Marley. And I would like to say that I am pleased with my haro .And would gladly tell anyone to buy a HARO!!!!!!!!! Have a great day . Keep the wheels spinning !

Whackadoodle   [Aug 24, 2002]
Strength:

Very solid components for the price. A very universal bike - great climber, good for XC, yet managed to take it down Plattekill and lived to tell the story. Nimble handling, light, takes reasonable abuse. Comfortable and fits me well. Relatively stiff for a FS, and light to boot.

Deore brakes suck. Why put great components on a bike and skimp on the most important one?

Pretty much said it under strengths. I'm surprised not to see more Haros on the trails. Having shopped around there is really nothing out there that compares without spending twice as much. Disagree with what everyone says about the setting up the rear shock - 2 chambers, 1 pos, 1 neg, play with it and figure it out; you can very easily set it soft, and can all but lock it out, or anywhere in between that you want in about 3 minutes. Great bike.

Similar Products Used: Haro XCS. Many hardtails.
Jose   Cross Country Rider [Dec 03, 2002]
Strength:

Very light!! Great components, bike looks nice, a great value for your money!!

None.

This is a excelent cross country bike,I'm surprised I don't see that many of this bikes on the trails but I like that too, to ride something diferent. Most people think of BMX when they see my bike and they get impress that Haro came out with such a great mountain bike. After riding a hardtail for years this full suspention bike is wonderful thing but still rides very similar to my hardtail on the climbs.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Sugar, many hardtails
marley vike   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2002]
Strength:

Light, great components, awesome fork, very adjustable rear shock, great tires.

Yo Ivan. Can't figger you out bro. You rave about the bike in the previous posts and only now after 6 months you figure out the shock doesn't have lockout! The website clearly states that the rear shock is a RockShox SID XC Adjust. No where does it claim there is a lockout. People are nice at haro in one post and then they are lame? Last time I checked my owner's manual, it said I have a 5 year warranty on a Haro full-suss bike. Anyway, enough ranting. Maybe you had a bad day on the bike and wanted to rant too. Me, I'm loving my bike. Racing or general enduro riding it's a great bike for both. Tracks great, steers great, takes hits, good components - probably upgrade to XTR when they wear out, but that's why I bought this one - price! Ride on!