Foes The Fly 2002 Full Suspension

The Fly

The Fly features a massive 4 bearing main pivot, a Foes Swing Link™ for rigidity, and an Easton™ down tube.

Devon   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff frame still can be peddled up hill (wt curnutt)strong lots of travel

none i can think of

This is by far the best bike I have ever owned. It has gave me more confidence, Im doing table tops and 5 foot plus drops now . My friends can't keep up now :) . I have one negative My tripple clamp forks hit the cable guide and closed it on a digger easy fix with multi tool. I sugest moving the rubber bump stop down to protect it.(fixed)

Similar Products Used: Ellsworth Joker full xtr hayes marzocchi z1 free ride hope hubs and mavic d3.1 rims
Ray   Weekend Warrior [Feb 15, 2002]
Strength:

Beatiful design, well thought out, very stiff, adjustable travel, pedals very well and looks great.

So far, none

Right out the box the fun began. The bike is gorgous and assembled very well. No screwing around with threads the whole thing went together easily. This bike pedals as well as my Dare did. I get a better chain line with this frame because the LRP bolts to a tab under the BB shell instead of using the BB flange. When putting one's foot in the crank area to see how much flex the pivot location has ,none is present. Which is more than I can say for my Dare.The bike pedals well and is very lively. I recomend the floating disc brake system as an extra. Instead of the bike sqautting it stays very neutral and lets the suspension work. I was a little reluctant to give up the Dare for all the hype of how well it climbs for a freeride bike. This rider cannot tell any difference and is very happy. I also love the fact that I have either 6-7-8 " settings to use. The bike is a much better value than any of the other bikes I've owned. Order one!

Similar Products Used: Ellsworth Dare, Mountain Cycle San Andreas,Shockwave, Nicolai Lambda
Ryan   Downhiller [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Strong well designed frame
Looks great
Feels light and balanced with even a heavy build
Pedals very well
6-8" in rear
Great customer service!!!!

Fox RC rear shock sucks, feels way to bouncy, get the Romic or Curnutt(when it becomes available)
Unable to use 4 piston brakes with floating disc mount

Best freeride bike, Period!! Nothing else compares, it is the best on the market. Bullits maybe better value but there is no way the compare to the feel of a FLY. It is a blast to ride. Buy one, you will love it, it realy is a go anywhere bike.

Don't worry about people saying the frame is too heavy, I know of people building it up <36lbs...Which is great for 8" of travel.

Foes Customer Service is fantastic!! Went out of there way to make sure I was happy, on the other hand The Bike Loft in Arizona is one of the worst companys I have ever ordered from. They did have a great deal on the frame, yet there customer service was awful. I had to find out through online message boards why my frame was delayed. I would email them multiple times with no response at all. Nearly impossible to get ahold of on the phone. I do not recommend there company at all. Spend a little extra money and find a company with good Customer Service.

Buy at GoRide!! I should have but was more worried about saving a few extra bucks then having good customer service, what a HUGE MISTAKE!!! GoRide's CS is top notch and can not be beat!!

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz Bullit, Specialized Big Hit, Rocky Mountain RM7
Mo Ory   Racer [Aug 10, 2002]
Strength:

Quality, detail,durabilty, it has EVERYTHING! I have had the privilege of using Foes products since Foes started. There is none better.

Hard to get right now due to demand.

I looked at EVERYTHING! This bike has all the best you could ask for. I know there may be some as good but definitely none better. I dont see how anyone could destroy it either. If you do, you need riding lessons. Its smooth and gets up the hill just fine.

Similar Products Used: Intense, Santa Cruz, Tomac,You name it, Ive tried it.
Ryan Bloum   Downhiller [Dec 31, 2005]
Strength:

The bike is very comfortable doing big jumps and flys through the rook gardens.I love the curnutt rear shock.

Frame sizes run big.My fly is the same size as my medeum specialized s-works.

If you are looking for a bike thet can do drops and serous downhill stuff,but you cat also pedle around your house.Then look no farther then the fose fly

Similar Products Used: Demo 9, specialized s-works,kona stinky,kona suprem,broklin tmx,intense tazer,and a sanacruz v10
Ian Robson   Weekend Warrior [Jan 16, 2003]
Strength:

High quality build, beautiful finish and design, rides like a dream.
I went over to California specially for this bike and bought from Beyond Bikes. The guys at Beyond were recommended and they lived up to their reputation. Their service and advice was awesome. If you're serious about bikes buy from them.
I was told this bike would do anything from downhill, freeride to hardcore trail riding and it does!
Weight's no problem (37lbs). I can ride all day and it eats anything you throw at it. The balance is perfect. The rear end is very strong with no lateral movement. If you want a do anything bike buy this.

Expensive frame - but if you want the best...

Bike nirvana

Cody Hartman   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2002]
Strength:

A great freeride/downhill bike that let's you pedal to the top. Very robust with excellent attention to detail on welding and finish.

The Fox RC that it came with made it difficult to climb. I replaced it with a Progressive 5th Element via a custom made adapter bracket.

Wait for the Curnutt or email me about buying a adaper link/shuttle that let's you run the 5th E.
chartmanWwlgore.com

Similar Products Used: Bullit,Big Hit
Trevor   Weekend Warrior [Jan 27, 2003]
Strength:

8' inches of travel, and no Pedal bob. As long as you keep your butt on the seat, u can look down at the linkages and see no movement. Four bars dont match up to the stiffness, and with the curnutt, i think it even pedals better than a turner, haha monty.

have to pay through the rear for it, but it is more than worth it, a very minor thing is that when you have the floating disc the biggest tire u can run in the rear is a 2.35, I would prefer to run a bigger one.

MY BIKE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

if you are getting a freeride bike and live in so cal, Find a helen's cycles those guys know whats up.

Similar Products Used: Bullit, Gemini and RM7 on the trail, RFX and V10 in a parking lot
Mo   Downhiller [Nov 27, 2004]
Strength:

little pedal bob, plush, can run a front derailleur. The paint and decals are thick and well applied so they don't fall off like they did on my Bullit. Floating brake is a nice touch as well.

Frame is rumored to crack, headtube angle is a little steep, floater is only hayes compatible, interrupted seat tube

Great bike, basically a super heavy duty trailbike since the HA is somewhat steep. Front derailleur compatibility on an 8" bike is nice.

Similar Products Used: bullit, stab primo, rotec, brooklyn, etc
Ray   Weekend Warrior [Apr 02, 2002]
Strength:

very cool looking, more travel,feels like twice the travel actually, removes pedal induced bob totally.

NONE

This posting is a re-post of the one before this post. It's a revue of the Foes Fly with the Curnutt Rear shock. There is no comparison between the the Curnutt and the Fox. The Curnutt makes the Fox look like a toy. It's probably about 30% larger in size. The anti-bob feature is as promised. It is controlled by setting air pressure in the shock which controls what size obstacle the shock begins to work. I don't understand how it works but it does. The next feature is the dial for bottoming control. By dialing this knob in or out you can control where the shock stops in its stroke.These are not just knobs that don't feel like they do anything they all really work. Here's the best part. After tuning in the Curnutt and then switching back to the Fox the bike felt like it had twice the travel with the Curnutt. As stupid as it sounds it's true.Then when you factor in the anti-bob stuff you'll never go back. Take the time to read and fully understand the instructions. This is a whole new way of thinking about suspension.