Diamondback X-10 2002 Full Suspension

X-10

Ricky black   Weekend Warrior [Jun 04, 2007]
Strength:

Its good for beginners and has good foot pedal

It rocks

Ricky black   Weekend Warrior [Jun 04, 2007]
Strength:

Its good for beginners and has good foot pedal

It rocks

Brock Carter   Weekend Warrior [Feb 16, 2002]
Strength:

It has a good feel to it and seems to handle well. The shocks are a good balance. The price cant be beat for such a good bike.

The frame looks a little bulky but it does not show this in the weight. The brakes could also be a litte better.

I would recomend this bike to anyone because of the value. If you have 500 dollars to spend then go and get it and you will enjoy it for a long time.

Similar Products Used: Diamondback Viper
Bart X   [Nov 01, 2002]
Strength:

Bulletproof frame. Surprisingly good rims and brakes. Decent components. Fairly light. Nothing comes close for the money.

Bottom bracket is way too low. Just pedaling in slight turns or going over small roots will snag pedals. Not enough travel in the rear. Rear shock ain't much. Frame design puts quite a bit of pedaling effort into working rear susp. Tires will bust you up on wet leaves.

I've put over 250 miles on this bike in just under 3 months. Over 200 on hilly, twisty, rooty singletrack around where I live. The thing is durable. Only minor adjustment of brakes and shifters and nothing has come loose so far. I routinely do 6-8' drops at speed off dirt hills w/no problems. So far no squeaks or rattles. I started riding this summer with a CHEAP full susp alum frame from TAR-GIT. I just knew the front end on that thing would get me killed so I started shopping.
After reading poor reviews of suntour forks I was wary of this bike. Plus I didn't particularly like the looks of it. But DB has a good rep and the price was the real driver since I didn't have a lot to spend. I'm about 160 lbs and with the f & r preload torqued the pedals still hit the ground if I'm not paying attention.
The traction pins work great with sneakers but tend to grab the ground and can be rough on bare shins.
I'm looking into getting a shock 1/2 in. longer eye to eye to get more ground clearance. I'm practically trying to bend a rim so I'll have an excuse to put discs on this bike. No luck so far. I've tried several types of H2O bottles and can't find one that the front tire won't hit when it gets rough. I put it in a ziplock when it gets muddy.
You'd be hard pressed to find anything else this good for 400 bucks.
I tried.

Similar Products Used: A lot of hardtails and CHEAP full susp. bikes.
Stan M   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2002]
Strength:

Overall it's a good starter bike, especially for the price. It leaves plenty for the personal upgrades of choice.

Shocks (front and rear)and other components, but that's easily fixed!

Plain and Simple...It's a good bike. Set it up for your personal wants and needs and get out on the trail...

Kevin   Downhiller [Nov 01, 2002]
Strength:

This Bike has good traction on dirt, solid frame, strong rims.

I havent encountered any "yet"

This Bike is perfect for upgrades. This frame will take on anything you give it. The pedals are as strong as a rock.

Similar Products Used: Trek Fuel 100
Trek Fuel 90
Josh   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Great value, comfortable seat, suspension is plush for a stock set up, fork is adjustable, wide tires

chain rubs front derailur and creates an annoying sound
reflectors on the wheels rattle annoyingly when at speed

For the money it is a good deal, especially when the retail is $550 and you get it for $400. The ride is great and feels light at the controls. I would recommend this bike to anyone who is looking to change from a hardtail or rigid frame bike. The only thing I would change is the standard equipment tire. The WTB Tyrannos' are not that great for rock crawlin' or heavy off road use.

Similar Products Used: Royce Union full suspension
BIG M   Weekend Warrior [Sep 17, 2002]
Strength:

KNARLY LOOKS, LIGHTWEIGHT, THE 7005 ALUMINUM ALLOY CONTAINS MAGNESIUM, MANGANESE, ALUMINUM, AND TITANIUM. NICE MIX. SMOOTH RIDE, ACCELERATES GREAT, BRAKES WORK VERY WELL. FRONT FORK WORKS WELL. LOVE THE SHIFTERS.

NEED A HEAVIER SPRING IN REAR, NEED SCHEMATICS OR INFO ON THE FRONT SHOCK, SO AS TO MAINTAIN OR MODIFY. SLIGHT RATTLING SOUND FROM THE REAR SHOCK. OTHERWISE NO MAJOR WEAKNESSES.

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS BIKE TO ANYONE. GREAT FOR THE PRICE AND IS A BLAST TO RIDE, ON THE ROAD OR OFF. LOVE THE GRAPHIX, AND PAINT SCHEME. CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY USE OF THE 7005 ALUMINUM ALLOY. NEED TO IMPROVE THE REAR SHOCK A LITTLE, MIGHT AS WELL SWICH TO A FOX, OR ROX SHOCK. ALTHOUGH THE RST DOES DO THE JOB. THE MORE PUNISHING RIDER, MIGHT NEED A HEAVIER, I AM PROBABLY GOING TO UPGRADE THE REAR SHOCK. ----LOVE MY DIAMOND BACK---

Similar Products Used: TREK 8. MONGOOSE
Bart X   [Mar 07, 2003]

I called Diamondback about the recall and was told that I needed to take my bike back to the dealer and he would give me a refund or credit for the original purchase price. Since I was pretty happy with the X-10 and have had time to shop around for similar bikes I've still not found anything to match the quality to value ratio of the DB line. I told my dealer to order me a Coil SS. He said there was about a $100.00 price difference but that the store owner would probably shave that back a bit and that he would expect DB to cut some slack since they've been jerking me around on this since December. We'll see. I'll post results when this gets resolved.

Kevin   Racer [Aug 09, 2002]
Strength:

Light,Can be abused,good traction off road, very fasr,and good looks

I haven't encountered any weaknesses

This bike is great if your going off road, if you want traction it's wonderfull. If you want to race for money this will win you the race with the shocks tightened, and this is a GREAT VALUE FOR 500 U.S. Dollars