Devinci Banzai 2002 Full Suspension

Ploko Beehotch   Downhiller [Jan 16, 2004]
Strength:

Great price, I got it on clearance! Smooth on drops, the Psylo has some great adjustments that help for "all trail" riding. It's not too bad on the climb and rocks all the way down.

The Psylo leaked onthe first ride, tightened the top caps and it's ok so far. The Hayes brakes have been a pain, had to be serviced 3 times, the wtb rear hub all out sucks. After 4 times in the shop the cones still loosen up after 5 minutes of thrashing. The paint comes off like it was nothing.

Devinci did an ok job with the frame but made some poor component choices coupled with half-ass product testing. Maybe I just got a lemon, but come on, nobody here is happy with that Psylo. That should have never made it to the showroom. They put a z1 on in 2003 so that shows they learned from that one.

You would think though that a bike in this range would have a decent paint job that doesn't flake off like grannies pie crust. I hate to piss and moan about something like that but it does make me wonder about their attention to detail on the important chit. I am just praying I don't snap that rear triangle like a few of the others.

Anyway, I've done a few 5'-flat drops and some 15' cliff hangers and it's a solid beech. The chicks dig it and it gets me laid; that alone is worth the price. If I replace the front and rear shocks, rear hub, throw off that silly ass fender I'll have a great bike.

Similar Products Used: Everyfrigginthing
Jason Larock   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2002]
Strength:

Frame is bomb proof, nice welds and gussets, not too heavy, wicked value , cool paint job, sealed cartrige bearings at pivot points,,,

Came as frame only, "Chester", was built up by the bike shop, had to change up some of the parts,came with psylo xc,these shocks suck!!

This is a kick ass full suspension bike for people into heavy riding,its hand made in Quebec, it's not as heavy as some of its rivals.
You are only as good as your equipment,but your equipment can only take you so far..............

Similar Products Used: Giant atc1.
RM6.
Max   Weekend Warrior [Jul 18, 2002]
Strength:

Absolutely Awesome setup. Psylo SL Fork is excellent, frame is bombproof, and components work very well. Brakes are incredible. Very fast and stable on trails.

HEAVY!!!

This bike rocks! It is a great freeride bike that can handle pretty much anything. Don't try and ride XC with it. I swaped the pedals for clipless VP-135's and I want my old one's back. That was a bad idea going clip-less on this bike because you never know when you're going to bail. Other then that I think when I have to replace anything I will use the same components because Devinci did a really nice job of designing this bike with everything its got on it. Definitely worth buying... Thank you Devinci

Similar Products Used: Giant AC Series, Norco VPS, Devinci Guzzler
kelly   [Dec 28, 2002]
Strength:

All ride, no fix. Stable, plush and set up well. Awsome brakes.

I didnt care for the psylo that came with the bike, have since put a Jr-T on (sweet).

i dont think the day will come that I am a good enough rider to push this bike to its limits. I beat this bike up on the weekend and its ready for me to ride to work monday morning. I am still amazed a year later at the bang for the buck the divinci guzzler has offered me. I have no plans of changing my ride in the near future.

This is not a cross country machine but a good solid free ride bike. If you are looking at a Stinky or Big hit, do yourself a favour and try a Divinci. Keep the extra money in your pocket. I have taken a half star away in the rating only because to make this the perfect bike for me I had to put the Jr-T up front.

Hint to Divici: Jr-t is the right answer to perfecting your suspension package.

Ps i liked this bike so much I went and bought another one for my 15 year old boy.