Mongoose Mischief 2002 Freestyle

Mischief

caden   [Sep 14, 2012]
Strength:

Strong, fast, affordable, and sturdy construction. Excellent first BMX or on a budget bike.

Heavy, freestyle tires don't grip the best in sand or mud...

I used to ride BMX back in the day and bought my Mischief pro for $20 at a garage sale to get back into riding after my old bike was stolen. I've had it for 5 years now and mostly use it for trail riding, jumps, and going to work on nice weather days. I love this bike, its a bit heavy but I have smashed and crashed this bike more than a few times and it's always survived. Only have had to change the tires and tubes for it after a few years of riding(switched to offroad tires). So far I can't really complain about it, its quick for its weight and handles rough riding well. I got a steal on mine for $20 but I would gladly pay more for another one if this one gets stolen too.

Irish Rider   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2002]
Strength:

Good beginner bike, learn to do your sh*t then et somethign better. Is anyone reading this? Probly not. Hell I still suck, but hey, s'fun as hell. We need a motherf*cking bike park!

Damn rims easily bent, and tubes popped.

Get a year outta it to learn, then ride something better.

simon davies   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2003]
Strength:

good entry level bike, nice selection of parts,

poor quality crank arms, brakes that take forever to bed and settle in

not a bad buy for your money, you could do far worse.
i like it. i aint ridden a bmx for 6 years now and its like well, riding a bike.

Lina   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 2007]