Swiftwick Pursuit Seven Merino Socks

Pursuit Seven Merino

Swiftwick is constantly in PURSUIT of perfection, and nature's inspiration is their guide. Merino Wool, nature's original technical fiber, has proven insulating and wicking qualities. It keeps the skin dryer when sweating and cooler when hot. Swiftwick uses a 23.5-gauge Australian Merino Wool with 3-inch minimum staple length strands for its soft finish, no-itch feel, and durability.

rrongey   Racer [Feb 09, 2012]
Strength:

These socks don’t slip around when I’m running through creeks and I have never once had a blister from wearing them. The Performance 7 socks I really like for the higher compression on my legs, I sometimes even wear them to bed the night after a long workout. I wear these socks for running and cycling and of course adventure racing, it is versitile enough to handle the diverse terrain of adventure racing.

They are expensive.

These are great feeling socks, that don't slip, don't cause blisters, keeps sand and dirt out and add the benefit of compression. They are also american made and have a great no fail guarantee. I recommend these socks to any runner, cyclist or multisport athlete. You can see a full Swiftwick sock review on my team website:

Similar Products Used: Smart Wool, Ice Breaker, Recovery Socks
OVERALL
HatePavement   Cross Country Rider [Feb 09, 2012]
Strength:

Last forever, no blisters, soft, made in USA

First thing I noticed was the Made in USA decal. Gotta like that. Check out this quote from their website: We decided to make all our products in the USA. Not some. Not most. All. Hell Yeah!

Second was the materials, I already knew about the benefits of Merino wool. Soft feel, less stink, cool in summer, warm in winter, no blisters. It also has extraordinary wicking, you can run or ride in them all day even when wet. But Swiftwick takes it to a new level with 21 micron Merino wool in a 200 needle count, and a 3 inch minimum staple length.

The thing that was new to me was the compression. I was skeptical but tried them anyway….And was totally sold. I’m sure you’ve all read or heard about the benefits of compression on recovery and race performance. But here’s something I noticed on top of that. The compression of these socks holds so perfectly snug against your feet, that any relative motion between your foot and sock is non-existent. That means NO blisters. The same compression seals out trail debris, sand, dirt, and vegetation bits. And that means NO blisters. The Pursuit 4 socks that I prefer run up a little higher over the ankle where the Swiftwick double welt compression cuff never slips or slides down. I even think it helps prevent rolled ankles.

I’ve worn these socks for a year and ½ now and they are still in like new shape. Check out my teams full review with pictures at: http://www.rock-racing.blogspot.com/2012/02/swiftwick-review.html