Swiftwick Four Merino Socks

Four Merino

Made from 60% merino wool, 30% nylon, and 10% lycra, this sock has a 4" cuff that sits at the three-quarter calf point. The perfect high performance socks for cycling.

DPTGernert   Racer [May 17, 2014]
Strength:

Best sock ever. Period. I've worn the same 5 pairs on a daily basis for almost 2 years for both work and play. After praising them for their odor control, I was dared to wear the same pair for 10 days to see if they'd stink. Despite the fact that I wore them in my insulated winter boots and logged 200 miles on the bike, on day 10, I think I won the bet. Not a single complaint from anybody I encountered.

Spending $16 on a pair of socks can beva bit daunting. But when you weigh the benefits and quality of manufacturing, its a no brainer.

I will not ride in anything but Swiftwick. And 9 out of 10 mornings I wear them to work as well.

Similar Products Used: Under armour, FIT, defeat, aireator, smartwool
Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Oct 05, 2011]
Strength:

Vent extremely well, conform to your foot, very comfortable.

These socks deliver unrivaled performance while remaining extremely comfortable. You will not find a better pair of socks on the market. Once you try a pair you'll never look at socks the same. Worth every penny. Whether your competing in sports or going out for the evening, Swiftwicks are the only way to go.

smd   Cross Country Rider [Feb 14, 2010]
Strength:

Massive stink resistance, snug cuffs, warm, well cushioned.

They don't shrink back as well when air-dried (use a hot dryer now and again.)

These guys have become my go-to socks for every day foot covering for work and play. I've gotten 5 days of continuous, comfortable wear out of a pair, letting them air-out while I sleep (by this time, they've got the smell of a pair of (my) cotton socks after one day).

Unlike the Defeet Blaze socks, the cuffs don't sag down as you ride, and the loft in the bottom of the sock doesn't compress as quickly. Also unlike the Blazes, they handle hand washing with less relaxing...but still use a hot dryer now and again to get 'em factory-tight.

They're warm in the central TX winter; below 35F I add neoprene toe covers if I'm on the road.

Similar Products Used: Defeet Wooleator & Blaze, other Swiftwicks (1",7",12"), Sockguy.
WadePatton   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2009]
Strength:

wool

n/a

dupont and monsanto...well bless 'em for trying, but wool simply refuses to be superseded by any man-made material for socks. my first pair of sw were free for racing dsg. the next pair i bought at the lbs. and i see no reason to ever buy anything else. sw has a best of the woolies i've worn and i wear wool socks almost exclusively. getting the 12's next.

Similar Products Used: smartwool, etc.
chiplikestoridehisbike   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2009]
Strength:

fit, comfort, wicking, durability

?, probably to warm for august around here and I prefer argyle but these rock

Great socks. Very comfy and well made. Just the right amount of cushioning, support, wicking. Very happy with these.