Zoic Vigor De-Luxe Shorts

Zoic Vigor De-Luxe Shorts

Zoic Vigor De-Luxe

[Mar 12, 2003]

Strength:

Nice big pockets; pad not too thick; inexpensive; super tough!

they do get wrinkled when wet -- but who cares?

Okay, so all of the other reviews mention how well they hold up and look and all that. But, no one mentioned the sweet warranty that they come with: "always guaranteed".

I bought my first pair about 6 yrs ago. Wore them every time I rode until I wore out the seat 3 years ago (they are really tough, cuz I ride hard & crash hard!) So I sent them back to the factory and I had a new pair a week later. (hardest week of my life)

Well, 3 years later (couple of weeks ago), they wore out in the seat again, but I called the factory and they sent me a new pair!

35 bucks bought me a pair of shorts for life! (Thanks Zoic)

This is the first, and only, cargo short I've used riding.

[Jun 15, 2000]
Eric Hollander

Strength:

Comfortable. Cotton twill is nice when new. Built in belt. Cheap. (I was broke when I bought em)

Twill becomes worn out fast. Mucho wrinkles after washing. Slow drying. Flimsy liner and thin chami which dosen't hold those jewels out of danger.

I loved them at first because they were one of the first baggies I owned. I even bought a second pair. But there is much better out there. They look like wrinkled crud now. Now I live in the east, the damp heat is not nice to cotton. Leg warmers don't like to kling to them for some reason, yet they do my perli's. Plus they offer no support or much padding where it counts. The Velcro pockets don't inspire confidence to hold stuff in. In short (no pun) spend some extra money on shorts. It is really worth it. And you will love em for years. These are my spinning shorts now!

Performance, Perlizumi detour and swobo cargo (best)

[Jun 05, 2000]
Phil McCracken

Strength:

Inexpensive ($45 at Pacific Cyclery in Berkeley). Good lookin'. Great fit, and the gusseted crotch gives me ample flexibility on those technical villus sections.

Butt padding is thinner than I'm used to. I need a bigger Butt.

Low cost, acceptable performance, comfortable design, commendable aesthetics. YOU BUY IT!

Sugoi shorts are my fa-vo-rites.

[Apr 26, 2000]
Lee

Strength:

Comfy, nicely priced (50 bucks @ REI) Belt is a nice touch, quality materials. Good looking.

Itchy ass tag in the back of the waistband. (maybe I'm just sensitive)

One of the pocket's velcro doesn't line up well, thus the pocket doesn't like to stay closed. I'm not putting my keys in there.

Soft brushed twill feels great in the store but sticks like crazy to my saddle when it gets wet.

Once I cut that damn tag out of the waistband, these pants were mondo comfortable. I love the "belt" system on these pants. No more giving my riding buddy the plumber butt. Unfortunately the twill shell of these pants doesn't do well when wet. It would rub against my leather saddle and catch. Not a good thing during technical climbs. It think I am going to be strictly a nylon man for now on.

4 flamin' doo doos for the value cuz they are well made and feel good.

3 for overall cuz of the design issues

Nema crown jewel

[Nov 16, 1999]
Spud

Strength:

Great looking

Where's the chamois?

Terrific looking pair of shorts, but the chamois is insufficient for rides of any distance.

Performance, Nashbar

[Jun 08, 1999]
Jerry
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Good fit if you try before you buy. Comfortable liner and high quality shell. Great exterior pockets. Seems plenty tough.

Shell is cotton twill, which is not what you want for wet days. Feel just like blue jeans when wet.

A very comfortable stylish short that will carry all kinds of schwag in those exterior pockets. I like them very much but do not plan to wear them on wet days. The pad is minimal, but I find that a plus compared to excessive pads like those in REI's Tiger short, which feel like diapers when you are wearing them. If the shell was a synthetic that you could wear in the wet, I'd give it a five. I recognize, however, that part of the comfort and de Luxe feel of this short is the cotton twill shell.

InMotion; Pearl Izumi; REI brand; Performance

[May 25, 1999]
Dogwriter

Strength:

Looks more like shorts; warm in cool temps; wears well; comfy; holds up to tough crashes.

Too hard to find.

Wish I had a dozen pair.

Trek, Performance, Bontrager

[Apr 02, 1999]
Justin Bregar
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Good fit, decent liner, good looks

pad is kinda weak

Decent shorts, I don't feel ripped off. I do normally wear a pair of lycra under the liner since the pad is so chinsy. That seems to work well.

Performance, other baggies

[Mar 28, 2001]
Greg

Strength:

Comfy, durable, good value -- so good I have several of 'em.

color fading, but to be expected after wearing 'em for a year and a half and after multiple washings.

I've thrashed, crashed, and mashed these shorts over and over again and they're still holding up! Comfortable in all conditions (I even used them on a century--I'm a Clydesale so I'd look stoopid in a pair of roadies) They handle the abuse of the washing machine too. Sufficient chamois (Personally, I don't like thick ones that feel like diapers like the guy a few reviews before me noted). Tried and true AND Made in the USA -- gotta get a pair. Get two while you're at it. I say five roasted jalapenos in value, for their cost and durability, and five overall, cuz they deserve more credit. Now that SWOBO's gone, ZOIC is it.